Changing the large volume digitization landscape with direct scanning Laser Trackers
This webinar looks at the evolution of the 3D laser tracker from when it was a measurement device requiring a handled mirrored sphere to its latest incarnation as a non-contact precision scanning device capable of solving unique problems in new ways.
We will focus on the technological achievements required to create this groundbreaking product and walk through a real-world example of how this technology reduced both installation time and cost for a major renovation at the Brooklyn Academy of Music.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- How direct scanning laser trackers change the traditional terrestrial laser scanner workflow:
- Less time post processing scan jobs
- Quicker on the job scanning process
- Only measure what you need and verify it before you leave the field
- How direct scanning laser trackers bring a paradigm shift to large volume laser scanning:
- All new levels of accuracy for direct scanning lasers
- How combined reflector and reflectorless capabilities can replace several sensors with a single unit.
- We will demonstrate how these new workflows can reduce project costs and time
Product Manager - Laser Tracker Product Line
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division
Joel Martin serves as the Laser Tracker Product Manager for Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence. Martin has spent over 20 years dedicated to the Leica laser tracker product line and the industrial metrology market. He entered the profession as an Applications Engineer after his university studies in Electrical Engineering. He worked hands-on with clients to ensure successful product integration into industries such as automotive, aerospace and more. Martin transitioned into other roles in sales and key account management. Promoted to Product Manager, Joel focused on new product development working closely with the technical staff at the Leica factory headquarters in Unterentfelden, Switzerland.
Martin is currently responsible for new business development of the Leica Absolute laser tracker product line into emerging and growing markets. He leads product development with a market- driven mindset focused on features, benefits, and solutions that satisfy end user requirements.
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence
250 Circuit Drive
T: +1 401.886.2000
F: +1 401.886.2727
Customer Relations Group: 800.274.9433
Service & Support: 800.343.7933