What’s New in PC-DMIS 2019 R1
Measure, Problem-Solve and Report More Effectively with the Latest Version of PC-DMIS
PC-DMIS 2019 R1 has over 40 new features, improvements and stability fixes, including:
- GD&T Selection from Capture – a market first. Use advanced optical character recognition (OCR) technology to simply and quickly import GD&T data from ‘blueprints’.
- Protect – ‘certify’ and lock your valuable measurement routines, creating an auditable trace of any future changes.
- Excel Forms Report – Complete reporting flexibility. Design your report in Excel and PC-DMIS will export to Excel at the press of a button.
- Universal Updater – an intuitive app that allows you to keep up to date with all your metrology software, discover other products and connect to our world-class forum.
- Calibration collision – Advanced new algorithms means collisions during calibration are a thing of the past.
NEW: GD&T Selection from Capture – Copy and Paste Your Part Prints
We recognise that not all your CAD files have embedded GD&T data and that manually importing that information can be a slow, error-prone and frustrating process. This new feature uses advanced OCR technology to make this a painless experience.
All you need is a scanned 2D blueprint and PC-DMIS will use OCR to read the GD&T data and import it directly to your measurement routine with a few clicks. This not only speeds up the creation process but reduces data input error and allows for more informed reporting and therefore insightful decision making.
NEW: Protect – Peace of Mind Through Measurement Routine Protection, Control and Traceability
Measurement routines are valuable data files; and it is important that any changes are controlled and tracked in order to ensure repeatable reliable metrology operations and therefore consistently high quality products. This is important in all processes, and in some industries – such as medical, food and aerospace – the need for tight process control and accreditation is paramount.
Protect is a cost option feature for PC-DMIS that means once a measurement routine is approved, the file is ‘certified’. Once it is certified, only specific PC-DMIS account holders can make changes, and any changes are recorded, logged and can be traced back to a user and time for any future audit.
This added level of control and protection can help manufactures work towards process compliance, and may support customers in their accreditations or certifications according to specific standards such as:
- FDA (Food and Drug Administration CFR 21 Part 11)
- ISO 13845 for medical and health sector
- IATF 16949 (Clause 8.5.2 Identification and Traceability) for automotive industry
- Specific Federal Aviation Administration traceability requirements for aeronautics or any other specific traceability requirements
NEW: Excel Form Report – Total Reporting Flexibility
Sometimes one size doesn’t fit all; and you need the flexibility to create different reports for different departments or management functions. This new feature allows incredible flexibility to define the structure and layout of the Excel report and PC-DMIS will populate it automatically. It comes with some examples including the AS 9102 form and allows multiple worksheets in one form.
NEW: Universal Updater – Update, Discover, Learn
Discovering new software and ensuring your existing software suite is maintained with the latest updates can sometimes be time consuming and distracting. The new Universal Updater is a simple yet powerful tool that sits unobtrusively in your PC taskbar where you can quickly see any new module updates, read the release notes and chose to install. You can even discover the other software modules and suites that Hexagon has to offer, that you may not be aware of; direct from your desktop.
We also put product support at your fingertips. Universal Updater has direct links straight through to a wealth of product information and tips on how to use the products. Access the knowledgebase directly, or contact our technical support. If you want to talk to a fellow Hexagon customer, you are only a click away from the market’s largest and most comprehensive user forum. If you have an idea for how we can improve PC-DMIS, there is a direct link to the Idea Center, add your thoughts and vote on what you want added to the next version.
IMPROVED: Calibration Collision Avoidance
No matter how often you calibrate your metrology machines, the process takes a while and is not productive. You want the confidence that you can start the calibration process and leave it to complete whilst you get on with your job elsewhere. New algorithms within PC-DMIS have improved the robustness and sophistication of the calibration process, minimising chances of collisions.
And Over 40 Other New Features and Improvements Including…
Thickness Scan, Constructed Datums, Responsive HTML Help, Template Matching, Auto Insert Safe Moves, Switchable Portable Interface, Size Dimension, Thickness Gage.
PC-DMIS 2019 R1 operates under 64-bit Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista. No other operating systems are supported.
- When you use third-party drivers, you should contact your local Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence representative to ensure operating system compatibility.
- Running PC-DMIS inside a Virtual Machine (VM) is supported only if the VM supports OpenGL 3 or higher.
- PC-DMIS Vision machines do not support 64-bit Windows 8. The Matrox Framegrabber PC-DMIS Vision hardware component does not support a 64-bit operating system.
Microsoft .NET Framework
If you do not have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 for Windows, the PC-DMIS installer will install it for you.
4 GB of RAM or higher
- The size of the CAD data file and the tessellation multiplier value used affect the amount of memory needed. These both affect the number of tessellated facets needed to display the model. The smaller the tessellation multiplier value used, the more memory needed for the facets. For large CAD models, this could cause an "Out of Memory" error. If this occurs, the current PC-DMIS session will be left in an unstable state and should be terminated.
- The default tessellation multiplier value is 1.0. Setting a tessellation multiplier of 0.1 will result in a 10 to 20 percent increase in the memory required over the default value of 1.0. Decreasing the tessellation multiplier further to 0.01 will result in an additional 50 to 65 percent increase of memory required.
1 GB of video RAM
2 GHz or higher quad core processor
- For desktops: NVIDIA Quadro K620 graphics card
- For laptops: NVIDIA Quadro K1100M graphics card
- For laptops running PC-DMIS with an RS4 laser sensor: NVIDIA Quadro M3000M graphics card with 4 GB of memory
The graphics driver must support OpenGL 3.0 or higher. A warning message appears on PC-DMIS startup if the driver does not support OpenGL 3.0 or if your graphics driver is more than three years old.
2 GB of free hard drive space plus allocated virtual memory of eight times the largest CAD file used
SSD drive, HDD 10K, or two disks in RAID 0 mode (high-performance hard disk drive)
Screen resolution of 1280 x 1024 or higher
- Two Ethernet ports. This may be required for specific installations in consideration of local needs, including but not limited to CMM systems where one port is required for controller communications and another for intranet/Internet communications.
- Two USB ports
- DVD drive
- HASP key (a physical USB portlock) or a software licence
Note: A HASP key does not act as general-purpose data storage; therefore, you cannot use a HASP key to store (download) arbitrary data from a computer. Similarly, you cannot use a HASP key to put (upload) arbitrary data on a computer. Also, only Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence applications can read or write to a HASP key; other applications do not have this capability. As a result, you cannot use a HASP key to load and unload data to and from a computer.
Internet Explorer 10 or later
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence used the Sophos anti-virus tool to test PC-DMIS 2019 R1. The user will need to confirm the performance of any other anti-virus tool.
Solutions for CMMs Using RS-232 Communications
If you are installing PC-DMIS 2019 R1 on a new or existing computer, but you have an older CMM model that uses RS-232 communications, then you will need to install one of these solutions on your computer:
- An external RS-232 serial-to-USB adapter cable plus the serial-to-USB adapter cable driver
- An internal serial adapter card with serial ports