360º Flexible Measurement Cell
Intelligent Solutions for Data-Driven Manufacturing
This intelligent measurement work cell solution is engineered for use at advanced manufacturing operations.
The 360º FMC is scalable, portable and modular. The solution is offered in three configurations, ready for in line, near line or off line applications, and is easily adapted to any production space. Solutions are easily scalable as required by specific part size and measurement tasks.
The 360° FMC work cell is available in the Solo, Duet, and Trio configurations, offering:
- Rapid delivery and installation within a week, using minimal tools.
- Quick initial deployment, and easy redeployment as needs arise.
- Flexible work cell solutions that enable you to add measurement stations as you need them.
- Optimized solution by mixing and matching different components as necessary.
360º FMC – Explained
The 360º FMC is the first automated measurement work cell to seamlessly integrate flexibility, footprint, performance, and throughput into one portable solution. The 360º FMC solution enhances your advanced manufacturing process by seamlessly delivering actionable information. That’s the power of the 360º Flexible Measurement Cell: intelligence measurement systems rapidly return operational data to your organization, enabling you to benefit from a truly data-driven manufacturing process. The 360º FMC is a versatile solution for intelligent, data-driven manufacturing.
- In line, near line or off line operation
- Rapid delivery and installation within a week, using minimal tools
- Available in Solo, Duet, Trio product configurations to fit your unique needs
- Synergy of commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) components delivers a proven, best in class solution
- Manufacturers can simultaneously measure up to three dissimilar components using three separate rotary tables
- 3D Optical Scanning technology is designed for use in high vibration environments, enabling tremendous part scanning accuracy even in extreme vibration work environments
- 360º FMC is easily moved and configured to easily adjust to your evolving manufacturing needs.
- Scalable, portable, modular
- First automated measurement work cell to integrate flexibility, footprint, throughput and performance into one solution
- Intelligence measurement systems rapidly return operational data to your organization, enabling you to benefit from a truly data-driven manufacturing process
- Continuously collects and processes data during production, enabling fast decisions making to shop floor issues
- Quick initial deployment, and easy redeployment as needs arise
- Flexible work cell solutions that enable you to add measurement stations as you need them
- Optimized solution by mixing and matching different components as necessary
|Projection & 3D Reconstruction Technology||Random pattern projection and rapid shot stereo vision technology. Integrated 2D & 3D technology for fast and accurate surface and feature measurement.|
|Illumination||Blue LED based high power illumination. Reliable and durable.|
|RE Mode||Combine stereo vision technology with line shift for enhanced point cloud reconstruction minimizing correspondence calculation.|
|Periodic System Certification||On site yearly calibration and certification to traceable artifacts.|
|Optical Exposure Time (Typical settings)||10 msec.|
|WLS 400A FOV Specifications|
| Field of View
(At a specified working distance)
| LFOV – 500x500 mm / 19.7x19.7 in.
MFOV – 360x360 mm / 14.2x14.2 in.
|Depth of Field|| LFOV – 210 mm / 8.2 in.
MFOV – 180 mm / 7.1 in.
|Optimal Working Distance||LFOV/MFOV – 780 mm / 30.7 in.|
|WLS 400 A Metrology Performance VDI/VDE 2634 Part 2|
|Parameter||Type|| Large FOV
| Large FOV
| Medium FOV
| Medium FOV
|360° FMC Working Environment Conditions|
|Relative Humidity||90% non-condensing|
|Operating Lighting Conditions||Low sensitivity to industrial lighting, ambient light sources, and indirect daylight. Direct sunlight should be avoided.|
|Structure | Facility Vibrations||
Designed for operation in industrial environment with heavy machinery (stamping press, CNC, etc.).
|360° FMC Performance Verification|
|VDI/VDE Part 21||Probing Error||0.035 mm|
|Spacing Error||0.040 mm|
|Flatness Error||0.050 mm|
|1 MFOV, Regular Mode. Specifications available for other models.|
|360° FMC Hardware & Software|
|Software||CoreView™ by Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence|
|Available Sensors||WLS400A (MFOV, LFOV)|
|Rotary Tables|| Motion Index
1 – 3 Rotary table configuration available
|Max. Part Size||Up to 2.2m|
|Max. Part Weight | Inertia||1,500kg | 1,000 kg/m2|
|Safety||Safety design to meet ANSI RIA 15.06-2012|
|Safety PLC||Allen Bradley Control Logix 1756-L71S|
|Gate Control||Banner EZ Light with 2 position key entry request|