Senior Systems Administrator
IT, Vereinigtes Königreich
The Senior System Administrator will be responsible for managing the IT infrastructure for the Romax Nottingham office
The Senior System Administrator will report to the IT Manager
Tasks in more detail:
- Maintain and monitor all domain server, security and business application infrastructure to meet the organisation's current and future requirements
- Be responsible for management, maintenance and architecture of SAN, NAS, storage, virtualisation environment, latest VMWare technology , Back up system and productivity tools.
- Monitor servers and identify performance issues proactively.
- Work within strict time frames and escalate incidents within defined time frames.
- Infrastructure coordination related to design and setup activities at different stages of a project
- Prepare and maintain the necessary project plans and documentation of server infrastructure builds and modifications.
- Handling L2 support tickets in order to help Support Engineer when the tickets level is high
- 3+ years hands on experience in system administrator role and established IT operations methodology experience
- Strong knowledge of Windows 10 and Windows 7 (UI, drivers, repairing)
- Strong knowledge Microsoft Office 365 and Azure platform
- Strong knowledge of servers hardware and related frequent problems (preferably DELL)
- Expert Level experience working with Active Directory, Windows server management (setup, checking logs , maintenance)
- Expert Level experience working with VMware and managing VM machines
- Knowledge of a backup solution
- Good knowledge on IT networks and switches to able to troubleshoot basic networking issues
Information you submit as part of your application must be true, accurate, complete and not misleading. You understand that any false or misleading statements or omissions made by you during the application process, including your application and interviews, may be sufficient cause to justify the rejection of your application or, if you have already become an employee, the immediate termination of your employment, subject to due process.
When you provide us with information about any other third party as part of the recruitment process (e.g. referees) then, before providing us with such information, you must inform the relevant individuals that you will disclose their personal data to us and provide a copy of this notice to them.
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose of processing and managing your application. In particular we process candidates’ personal data to:
- Undertake recruitment activities, such as determining the suitability of a candidate’s qualifications.
- Assist us in managing external providers. (e.g. recruitment agencies)
- Manage our HR records and Update the Hexagon employee database.
- Reply to an official request from a public or judicial authority with the necessary authorisation.
- Comply with any legal obligation imposed on Hexagon in relation to its recruitment practice.
It is our policy to retain your details for 12 months during which your candidacy will be assessed against other potential opportunities. Prior to the expiration of that 12 month period you will be notified of the impending deletion and you will be given a choice to remain on our database for a further 12 months. At any time during the recruitment process you can request your data to be deleted from our database. You are always able to apply to any position advertised by Hexagon once more.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.About Hexagon
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilise data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.