Forming Technologies is a world leader in the development of specialized engineering software and training programs for the metal stamping industry. For more information about Forming Technologies, please visit our website www.forming.com.
- Competitive Salary with Bonus Plan
- Comprehensive Benefit Package with health, dental, vision and health spending account
- RRSP with company contribution plan
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Education and Training opportunities….and so much more!
The Jr. Windows Developer is primarily responsible for designing, developing, testing, implementing and supporting desktop-based software products. You will be a contributing member of a growing Software Development group by sharing your technical knowledge and extensive understanding of windows software development processes and methodologies.
- Participate in the creation, review and documentation of system requirements
- Create detailed technical designs of software components, including related documentation
- Develop and test software in a variety of programming languages and environments
- Participate in the design and development of new product ideas, concepts, prototypes and proofs of concept
- Contribute to a high-level product design and definition
- Participation in estimation of work effort needed to create reliable release plans and roadmaps
- Research and test new software development tools, techniques and technologies where appropriate
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
- Computer Science Undergraduate degree (or equivalent)
- Minimum 5 years' experience working as a software developer
- Comfortable working in Visual Studio 2012, 2015, 2017 and Team Foundation Server
- Proficient in Windows desktop application development using MFC Framework
- Comprehensive knowledge of the C++ language including STL, C++11, C++14, and C++17
- Self-motivation with a proven track record in the development of software solutions
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing demands and deadlines
- Strong communications skills (verbal and written)
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; work collaboratively with cross-departmental resources to facilitate knowledge transfer and feedback
- Flexible, with an ability to adapt to changing priorities and multi-task effectively
- Solid understanding of Design Patterns, Algorithms, UML Modelling, and Object-Oriented design
- User experience (UX) design skills
- Knowledge in computer graphics, geometric modeling or OpenGL
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence/ Forming Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Accommodation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. To request accommodation, contact Human Resources at email@example.com.