Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence
division is seeking a Lead Front-end Developer for our Oakville, Ontario location.
, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools. Description:
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools. This is a hands-on development role that will directly contribute to the development of our cutting-edge cloud platform and connected systems at Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, (MI), building on our extensive existing revenue-generating software portfolio. We are looking for a talented and creative problem solver. You will be working in a dynamic and fast paced team environment with the latest technology and tools, using your software engineering skills to develop and support new platform and products. You will be involved in the complete development life cycle, seeing your design evolve from a specification into a finished product. Detailed technical collaboration with the full cross-functional development team will require strong, ongoing communication. Maintaining our market leading position will challenge your creativity and design skills. A track record of approaching challenges innovatively along with strong interpersonal skills are also critical success factors for this role. Candidates must be able to “get in the trenches” to work collaboratively with colleagues in a matrix environment to drive all aspects of this activity.Responsibilities:
- Recommend appropriate products and solutions to satisfy customer and application needs within their budget requirements
- Support organizational policies related to safety, environmental protection, housekeeping, etc.
- Support and participate in continuous improvement activities that positively affect safety, the environment, quality, reliability, and productivity
- Maintain currency with respect to technical skills by attending training classes, special technical and administration courses, independent research, seminars, exhibits and trade shows as needed.
- Required to incorporate clean work practices in daily working routines
- Participate in system architecture, system design, and software implementation of new platform
- Evaluate and develop cloud platform and related applications using various front end, back end, and cloud technologies.
- Work closely with product management and other design team members to understand the business needs, propose, and develop end to end solutions.
- Display excellent hands on technical and communication skills with a proven track record of delivering positive results.
- Guide and mentor team members
- Articulate and promote software development best-practices
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or business-related Technical Discipline, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of 3+ year experience with Front end frameworks such as Angular, Vue, etc.…
- Minimum of 2+ year experience with Typescript, React / React Native, Material UI or Microsoft Fluent.
- Minimum of 3+ year experience producing/consuming web services
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience with designing and implementing reusable components
- Experience working with software teams in an onshore/offshore model
- Travel: 5%, primarily in North America but some international
- Ability to work independently and to follow directions
- Team player: supports teammates and colleagues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with hands-on work in laboratory environment
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence
, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none.
Competitive Salary with Bonus Plan
Comprehensive Benefit Package with health, dental, vision including health and personal spending accounts
RRSP company contribution plan and TFSA options
Generous paid time off (PTO)
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence Canada is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. To request
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence unterstützt die herstellende Industrie bei der Entwicklung der bahnbrechenden Technologien von heute und der revolutionären Produkte von morgen. Als führender Anbieter von mess- und fertigungstechnischen Lösungen haben wir große Erfahrung im Wahrnehmen, Denken und Handeln, d. h. im Erfassen, Analysieren und aktiven Nutzen von Messdaten. Unsere Kunden profitieren von einer höheren Fertigungsgeschwindigkeit, einer schneller wachsenden Produktivität und gleichzeitig steigender Produktqualität.
Mithilfe eines Netzes von lokalen Servicezentren, Fertigungsstätten und Vertriebsniederlassungen auf fünf Kontinenten sorgen wir für einen intelligenten Wandel in der Fertigung und tragen so zu einer Welt bei, wo mehr Produktivität durch mehr Qualität erreicht wird. Weitere Informationen erhalten Sie auf HexagonMI.com.
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence ist Teil von Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B; hexagon.com), einem weltweit führenden Informationstechnologieanbieter, der für mehr Qualität und Produktivität in georäumlichen und industriellen Unternehmensanwendungen sorgt.