Technical Sales Engineer- East
Sales and Dealer Management,
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division is
seeking a Technical Sales Engineer to service customers from Michigan to the East Coast.At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
The Technical Sales Engineer functions within the Hexagon Production Software Sales organization and is responsible for applying standard Hexagon solutions to existing and new market segments and moving opportunities through the sales process with the local Sales Engineer.
Typical functions include identifying sales opportunities, performing best-in-class product and software demonstrations, supporting projects prior and post-sale, and collaborating with the local sales team to maximize Hexagon sales revenue.
This specific position focuses on Mold and Die Design and Programming Software.Duties and Responsibilities
- On-site Product Demonstration Responsibilities
- Coordinate customer requirements and processes with our product features and benefits.
- Demonstrate software solutions.
- Communicate the benefits of ONE MI Hexagon solutions for complex manufacturing applications.
- Provide the best-in-class product and software demonstrations.
- Train and assist the local Outside Account Manager team for demonstrations.
- Sales Responsibilities
- Work as an integral part of the Sales team.
- Consult with the customer to develop valuable software solutions.
- Foster long-term relationships with key customers.
- Document and advance the sales process, via Salesforce.com
- Monitor local market and customer trends for market potential and development of forecasts and sales strategies for the local sales team.
- Support Responsibilities
- Provide additional start-up support on-site, in coordination with our AE team.
- Provide additional troubleshooting support for emergency customer issues, in coordination with our AE team.
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering
- Or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in customer facing support or sales of software/hardware high tech products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be comfortable speaking before small to medium sized groups
- Capable in Microsoft Windows OS administration and troubleshooting (including hardware integration)
- Device Manager, Network settings, Event logs, Host files
- Driver installation and configuration
- Understanding of Network protocols and experience diagnosing connection-related issues
- Experience analyzing log files and reports from both hardware and application sources.
- Able to work on issues independently and with team members in a proactive fashion.
- Role requires a self-driven, highly motivated, and flexible individual who can efficiently prioritize and adjust their schedule to adapt to a very dynamic environment. Must perform duties with minimal supervision.
- 60%+ travel will be required
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”