Project Engineer - Virtual Manufacturing - Additive
Technical Service and Support,
Novi, MI, Vereinigte Staaten
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division is seeking a Project Engineer- Virtual Manufacturing, for our Novi, Michigan location.At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
The Project Engineer- Virtual Manufacturing will perform manufacturing process simulations in support of pre-sales, service, and post-sales support.
- Perform manufacturing process simulations in support of pre-sales, services, and post-sales support
- Manage engineering and special projects to advance Hexagon simulation capabilities and enable customer success
- Perform onsite and remote software training
- Develop and manage relationships with customer engineering (software user) contacts
- Develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of generative design and metal additive manufacturing process simulation
- Develop new knowledge in areas required by investigating new technologies, using critical thinking and problem solving
- Interact with development team as the “Voice of the customer”
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline
- 0 – 3 years’ experience in mechanical engineering or related field
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, demonstrated comfort speaking in front of large groups
- Willingness to travel (if required) up to 20% of the time domestically and internationally without restriction
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
- Experience with various metal manufacturing processes, including but not limited to additive manufacturing
- Experience with metal and/or polymer AM machine operation and post processing
- Experience with metal additive manufacturing process simulation software tools
- Experience with CAD modeling software such as Catia, NX, Solidworks, or similar
- Coding skills with at least one programming language such as Python, C++, Java, or similar
- Experience with metrology, including operation of hardware and related software’s
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none.
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”