Academic Programs Coordinator
Hexagon's Manufacturing Intelligence division, is seeking an Academic Programs Coordinator for the East Coast.
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools. Job SummaryThe Academic Programs Coordinator will be responsible to manage and help execute Academic Programs for Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence’s Design & Engineering business unit. They will play a key role in helping universities develop modern curricula and course content leveraging latest computer-aided engineering and simulation methods and software solutions. They will also assist students to become proficient with modern engineering software so that they are ready for a strong engineering career in their chosen fields.Key Responsibilities:
- Manage various prongs of our academic program, such as our Student Ambassador program
- Coordinate and support multiple student-led projects (such as for robotics, space programs, energy challenges etc.) and provide periodic updates to management
- Work collaboratively with our WW education teams to champion adoption of our software for teaching purposes and by students
- Help develop engineering curricula to meet the needs of various universities by leveraging internal expertise and training materials
- Coach and assist academics on how to get most value from engineering curricula when adopting our solutions
- Develop student certification programs to enable students to launch successful engineering careers
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s (preferred) degree in an Engineering field, such as Mechanical or Civil Engineering
- Experience teaching or building classroom curriculum is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with multiple teams across the world
- Interest in improving academic programs in engineering to ensure students’ career success
- Hands-on experience with modeling and simulation software strongly preferred
- Ability to travel up to 15%, domestic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Would prefer bi- or multi-lingual candidates, such as in German, Spanish, French, or Japanese.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality.
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Training Opportunities…and so much more!
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”