Software Test Engineer
Hexagon's Manufacturing Intelligence division is seeking a Software Test Engineer.At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
The position of Senior Software Test Engineer is part of the quality assurance team responsible for ensuring PC-DMIS is delivered on time with minimal defects in support of the hardware products produced by Hexagon Metrology.Responsibilities:
- Supports organizational policies related to safety, environmental protection, housekeeping, etc. within area of responsibility.
- Supports and participates in continuous improvement activities that positively affect safety, the environment, quality, reliability, and productivity or improve the overall suitability and effectiveness of the management system, its processes and products
- Assists in the improvement and quality assurance of PC-DMIS including but not limited to Dimensional Analysis, CMM, NC, Vision, and Offline applications
- Assist in developing plans for continuous improvement
- Scope of testing to include functional and automated tests, C# coding preferable
- Develop Automated test programs that validate portable device functionality
- Occasional travel to customer sites for customer support purposes
- Ability to design and implement efficient test cases, both logical and physical
- Experience with software test tools is beneficial
- Document both test procedures and results obtained in order to convey meaningful information to the development team
- Willingness to travel, up to 25% of the time, both domestic and international
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering Discipline, related discipline or 5+ years equivalent practical experience
- Familiar with Microsoft Development tools and Microsoft Office
- Familiar with existing operating systems, and adaptability to new ones
- Strong math background, especially linear algebra and computational geometry
- Understanding of small networking
- Good writing and communication skills
- Self-motivated, ability to reproduce, isolate and trouble shoot problems.
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
- Prior work experience with software development groups a plus
- Strong background in metrology software, 5 years+ PC-DMIS experience preferred
- Well versed in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing standards (ASME and ISO) preferred
- Interacting with others across the globe, whose native language is not English
- Willingness to work some flexible hours in support of teams around the world
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that's second to none.
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M / F / Vet / Disability ► E-Verify Participant
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”