North Kingstown, RI, Vereinigte Staaten
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division is seeking a Quality Engineer for our North Kingstown, RI location.
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
The Quality Engineer ensures quality, safety, and productivity standards are maintained in accordance with established policies and procedures. Works on continuous improvement activities and certification systems in conformance with ISO Programs. Performs Review of Components, Subassemblies, and products to ensure conformance to Engineering and Quality requirements. Works with management to determine root cause and corrective actions for any non-conformances in material or workmanship of products.
- Performs Inspection and Quality reviews of components and subassemblies to ascertain their conformance to requirements
- Writes CMM inspection programs used to verify product conformance and supplier capabilities
- Works closely with the supply chain to disposition and resolve trending product issues
- Responsible for continuous improvement projects that positively affect safety, quality, and/or productivity, or other process improvements as identified by management
- Collects quality data and presents solutions in support of continuous improvements
- Assists the Quality Manager in maintaining and improving the quality management system
- Develops training materials to build quality awareness
- Ensures that products and processes comply with the requirements of the quality management system
- Conducts audits, closes out audit findings, creates audit finding reports, and determines appropriate corrective and preventative actions
- Analyzes factory and field service failures and determines appropriate corrective and preventative actions
- Creates and maintains the company’s quality documentation
- Facilitates the FMEA process with teams in the organization
- Analyzes data and produces reports from inspection activities, process, and product testing results, etc.
- Incorporates clean work practices and principles of 5S in daily working routine
- Maintains thorough knowledge of company’s products
- Remains current with industry trends and best practices
- Point person assigned to complete small scale comprehensive project related tasks
- Learns from and studies experienced Quality Engineers’ techniques and work
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Performs other related duties as assigned
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical, or quality engineering or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 2 – 4 years of related experience
- Working knowledge of ISO9001:2015
- 3+ years of experience in incoming inspection, blueprint reading, and GD&T
- 1 – 3 years of experience in programming, operating a CMM, and performing manual measurements
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt desirable
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and reasoning skills
- Creative, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and driven
- Proficient in MS Office. Word, Outlook, and Excel required
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Comfortable with hands-on work in laboratory environment
- Strong time and project management skills
- Understanding/experience using root cause analysis / CAPA tools
- Knowledgeable with process mapping, FMEA, MSA, and SPC to improve process performance
- Works under general direction as well as in a team environment
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none.
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Training Opportunities…and so much more!
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”