Sr. Director, Software Architecture
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division is seeking a Senior Director of Software Architecture, Design and Engineering. Description:
The Senior Director of Software Architecture, Design and Engineering role has been created to define and own the long-term technical vision for our Design and Engineering (CAE) Software portfolio. S/he will hold primary responsibility to define a software architecture strategy to fulfil the vision, migrating our successful classic portfolio of Physics Simulation (and related) products towards future generations of highly innovative products and technology in support of our smart manufacturing ambitions and strategy. S/he will work closely with Product Management to understand market and customer needs; and, with the Chief Technology Officer and Product Development Leads in defining the strategy and then, later, to communicate the strategy to align and motivate the team. S/he will also work closely with other software architecture leaders around the business to ensure alignment with our wider software strategy.A track record of approaching challenges innovatively along with strong interpersonal skills are also critical success factors for this role. Candidates must be able to “get in the trenches” to work collaboratively with colleagues in a matrix environment to drive all aspects of this activity.
This role may be based at any major office of Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence (MI) in Europe or North America. Consideration may also be given to exceptional candidates in any location worldwide.Responsibilities:
- Define and own the long-term architectural / technical vision for the Design and Engineering Software portfolio.
- Define a technical roadmap to migrate from the existing portfolio of products towards the future vision.
- Ensure alignment with HMI top-level objectives to deliver smart design and manufacturing solutions to our customers.
- Develop productive relationships with other software architects around HMI, within the Metrology Software, Production Software, Platform, and Innovation Hub teams. Share best-practices and encourage alignment and technology sharing where appropriate.
- Work with Product Management to align with market and customer needs.
- Work with R&D leadership to engage the R&D team in defining the strategy.
- Communicate the strategy to excite and motivate the R&D team and all other stakeholders around the business.
- Participate with Product Owners and Product Managers in leading Agile scrum teams in the development of classic and next generation software products.
- Contribute to strategic thinking concerning the Design and Engineering software business and Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence overall.
- Provide leadership of software architects embedded in the product teams located internationally in pursuit of the above responsibilities.
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 20%.
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
- A master’s degree in software engineering or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience leading software architecture for CAE, CAD or another, related software domain.
- Extensive experience developing or leading cloud-native software applications.
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing software product strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives.
- Experience working across cultures in a global organization and with customers globally.
- Worked at ease in a decentralized organization. Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in a matrix environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills across cultures.
- A mission-driven, team player approach; and a desire to make an impact and difference.
- Demonstrable drive, determination, self-motivation, and action orientation needed to be successful in working with short deadlines.
- The maturity, judgment, and self-confidence to operate effectively with a high level of independence.
- The highest level of integrity and high ethical standards.
- Fluent in English.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none.
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”