Ground Vehicle Applications Engineer
Novi, MI, Vereinigte Staaten
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence, division is seeking an Applications Engineer for our Novi, MI location. At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
The Applications Engineer- Automotive, will provide presales technical support for Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence’s, MSC product lines. This role supports all sales activities related to achieving the Region’s revenue objectives.
- Provide support of local and regional sales efforts to ensure achievement and growth of quarterly revenue goals.
- Work independently with area customers to support the proper use of the products, expand user growth, and increase product diversification of MSC products to maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Manage the technical sale – develop clear understanding of customer needs, success criteria, budget constraints, timing, etc. Work to develop technical content (i.e., presentations, demonstrations, benchmarks, etc.) that deliver proof of business value for MSC’s products.
- Provide technical account management for assigned strategic accounts.
- Assist Sales in understanding the technical requirements and technical decision criteria of prospective clients. Develop and manage implementation plans for new MSC customers.
- Work with Sales and technical management to develop territory support plans and manage the technical activities of key accounts.
- Deliver application consulting to strategic clients that includes the use of MSC products applied to specific moderately complex customer analysis problems.
- Teach product training classes, customized classes, give seminars on new product releases.
- Have the technical ability, communication skills and confidence to deliver quick starts/mentoring.
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
- Minimum of 3+ years of professional experience with multi-domain CAE simulations. Excellent Multibody Dynamics background a must. Experience should include automotive use of MSC ADAMS, Virtual Test Drive, and real-time applications. Experience with a similar suite of engineering analysis software considered for exceptional candidates.
- Good understanding of CAE and analytical simulation workflows
- Ability to learn, grow and adapt to changing work requirements
- Knowledge of vehicle suspension and/or propulsion system development practices
- Programming knowledge (Python required; Matlab, DOS or bash beneficial)
- Familiarity with APIs, script writing, XML
- Moderate knowledge of Windows and Microsoft products
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent English communication is required
- Knowledge of one or more MSC products, which may include Nastran, Marc, Apex, Patran, Adams, Dytran, EASY-5, Actran, Digimat, Cradle, Simufact, ELM, FTI, is desirable
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work in a team environment
- Good problem identification and problem-solving skills
- Work to task completion including occasional off-hours and/or weekend hours
- Availability to travel (up to 50%)
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
401k with generous employer match
Pre-tax Benefits Accounts (HSA, FSA, DFSA)
Flexible Paid Time Off Programs
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”