Lead Controls Engineer
Technical Service and Support,
Novi, MI, Vereinigte Staaten
Hexagon's Manufacturing Intelligence
division is seeking a Lead Controls Engineer for our Novi, MI location.
, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools. Description:
The Lead Controls Engineer will be responsible for supporting the Tracker cell product line. This role requires strong computer skills, mechanical, and electrical aptitude long with strong customer service skills.Responsibilities:
- Perform and/or supervise installation of:
- automated metrology cell hardware
- Troubleshoot and repair automated metrology cells
- Provide onsite and remote service and technical support for automated metrology systems
- Provide technical assistance to end users as needed
- Ensure prompt preparation and completion of service and expense reporting
- Provide the highest customer satisfaction by representing Hexagon in a professional manner
- Follow all organizational policies related to safety, environmental protection, housekeeping, etc.
- Support and participate in continuous improvement, safety, environmental, quality, reliability, and productivity goals while helping to improve the overall suitability and effectiveness of the management system, its processes, and products
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering preferred. Equivalent combination of technical courses, military training and/or on the job experience is acceptable.
- 5 – 10 years of PLC programming experience
- Laser tracker knowledge and/or experience in metrology
- Good analytical skills
- IT knowledge
- PLC programming knowledge (Allen Bradley, Siemens)
- Robot knowledge (Fanuc, Kuka)
- Knowledge of using hand, power tools, and electrical testing equipment
- Capable of running PLC, low voltage, & Network Lines
- Electrical installation, troubleshooting, and system debugging experience
- Knowledge of Robotic language, interfacing and programing
- PLC knowledge, In-Line/Off-Line Simulation, I/O capabilities, and communication
- Self-starter capable of working independently and within a cross functional team
- Ability to travel up to 50%
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that's second to none.
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M / F / Vet / Disability ► E-Verify Participant
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”