Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence,
division is seeking an Applications Engineer- Aerospace on a remote basis anywhere within the Eastern time-zone.
, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools. Description:
As an Applications Engineer- Aerospace, you will support all sales activities related to achieving the Region’s revenue objectives. This role focused on Aerospace Composites & Material Development for aircraft sub and supersonic, including structural design, development and analysis using CAE tools and methods.Responsibilities:
- Provide support of local and regional sales efforts to ensure achievement and growth of quarterly revenue goals.
- Work independently with area customers to support the proper use of the products, expand user growth, and increase product diversification of MSC products to maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Manage the technical sale – develop clear understanding of customer needs, success criteria, budget constraints, timing, etc. Work to develop technical content (i.e., presentations, demonstrations, benchmarks, etc.) that deliver proof of business value for MSC’s products.
- Provide technical account management for assigned strategic accounts.
- Assist Sales in developing, and managing implementation plans for new MSC customers.
- Assist Sales in understanding the technical requirements and technical decision criteria of prospective clients.
- Work with Sales and technical management to develop territory support plans and manage the technical activities of key accounts.
- Deliver application consulting to strategic clients that includes the use of MSC products applied to specific moderately complex customer analysis problems.
- Teach product training classes, customized classes, give seminars on new product releases. Help develop customized classes and seminars.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree in Engineering highly preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of professional experience with multi-domain CAE simulations focus on composite aircraft structures and material development.
- Excellent FEA background a must.
- Experience should include use of MSC Nastran, MSC Patran as a minimum.
- Experience with high temperature composites analysis and manufacturing is highly preferred. Experience with a similar suite of engineering analysis software considered for exceptional candidates.
- Good understanding of CAE and analytical simulation workflows
- Knowledge of one or more MSC products, which may include MSC Nastran, MSC Patran, Digimat, or Simufact
- Knowledge of Computational Fluid Dynamics, co-simulation for Flutter analysis or high velocity aero/thermal loading is desired
- Ability to develop end to end simulation workflows based on unique customer needs.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work in a team environment
- Good problem identification and problem-solving skills
- Work to task completion including occasional off-hours and/or weekend hours
- Ability to learn, grow and adapt to changing work requirements
- Programming knowledge (Python required; Matlab, DOS or bash beneficial)
- Familiarity with software APIs, script writing, XML
- Advanced computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent English communication is required
- Availability to travel (up to 50%)
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence
, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none! Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances 401k with generous employer match Pre-tax Benefits Accounts (HSA, FSA, DFSA)
Flexible Paid Time Off Programs
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant