Technical Support Intern
Irvine, CA, Vereinigte Staaten
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division is seeking a Technical Support Summer Intern for our Irvine, CA location. Our interns play an integral role in the success of Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence.
This internship position involves tasks associated with content creation, verification, and knowledge base maintenance in support of the customer support activities for MSC Software's suite of engineering software applications including MSC Nastran, Patran, Marc, APEX.Responsibilities:
- Under the direct supervision of an experienced engineer, execute sample analysis problems, document steps required to complete tasks, and test existing training materials in new versions of CAE software.
- Update training material to reflect changes and additions in new versions of CAE software. Update formatting as necessary for corporate branding and material consistency.
- Create and run analyses, review, and post-process results for verification of customer support issues. Assist with verification of corrected errors.
- Create web based technical content for the user community.
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
- The ideal candidate should be in senior standing or completed a BS degree in Structural, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering and be working towards an MS degree.
- Proficiency in programming strongly preferred
- Ability to work Monday- Friday, 40 hours per week during the summer break
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, Strong interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Basic knowledge of mechanics of materials and core engineering disciplines.
- Finite element coursework and FEA software knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to solve problems and complete scheduled tasks
- Ability to learn new software and systems quickly
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
401k with employer match
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”