Applications Engineer- Energy Intern
Novi, MI, Vereinigte Staaten
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division is seeking an Applications Engineer-Energy Summer Intern for our Novi, MI location. Our interns play an integral role in the success of Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence. The Materials & ICME (Integrated Computational Materials Engineering) Center of Excellence develops software and engineering services focused on the advanced micromechanical modelling of multi-phase materials within Hexagon. Our focus within our group is Materials and Composites simulations starting with manufacturing processes all the way to final part performance as well as Materials Lifecycle Data Management using Digimat & MaterialCenter software.
As a summer intern, you will get first-hand experience with our work, our people, our values, and our culture. Summer interns are given real responsibilities and challenges with projects that have an immediate impact on the business. Throughout the summer, interns are given multiple opportunities to interact with senior management through both their project work as well as educational and cultural events. All interns also receive individual coaching and training from their immediate manager, and the opportunity to show results.Responsibilities:
- Understand the challenge faced by design and mechanical engineers in the Energy Industry to identify relevant applications for our numerical tools and solutions. A priority will be given to applications in the new renewable sources of energy like solar power, wind energy, and hydroelectric power.
- Identify the materials of interests (polymer, ceramics, metals, biomaterial) for this market and how our tools and solutions can help them to model it.
- Understand the manufacturing process used to produce part made of these materials to integrate the effect of the manufacturing process in the final part performance prediction (thermal and mechanical).
- Assist our application engineers in the building of strong example demonstrating the capabilities of our software to support engineers in the design and development of their devices (hydraulic pump, compressor components, gearing systems, blades).
- Work with our application engineers on writing case study, presentation, training example based on the application studied
- You will be part of a globally dispersed team which means you must be self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
- Must be enrolled in a Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering or other technical degree program and in good academic standing
- Ability to work Monday- Friday, 40 hours per week during the summer break
- Basic knowledge in the theory of Finite Element analysis.
- Basic knowledge in one of the standard FEA tools (Marc, Nastran, Abaqus, Ansys, LS-Dyna)
- Knowledge in composite material modeling in the linear in a must. Non-linear domain and failure modeling is a plus.
- Basic MS Office skills (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Good Presentation and Communication Skills within a dynamic team.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
401k with employer match
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”