Senior Application Engineer
MI, Vereinigte Staaten
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence, division is seeking an Applications Engineer- System Dynamics. The ideal candidate would be in one of the following areas, Detroit, MI, Irvine, CA, Irving, TX, Charlotte, NC, Kent, WA, or Providence, RI.At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
The Applications Engineer- System Dynamics, provides presales technical support for MSC’s product lines. This role supports all sales activities related to achieving the Region’s revenue objectives.Responsibilities
- Providing technical support to the existing client base, while supporting their modeling and analysis challenges
- Training current and prospective software users
- Visiting clients for face-to-face delivery of technical training and customer support
- Supporting software sales activities, such as software demos, for current and prospective clients
- Working collaboratively with commercial account managers to develop account plans and execute successfully
- Delivering rotating machinery (gearboxes and motors) engineering consultancy projects
- Performing gearbox component design calculations for gears, bearings, shafts, etc. to meet industry standards and customer requirements
- Numerical simulation of NVH analysis for transmission systems with gear whine and rotor imbalance
- Numerical simulation of NVH analysis for electrical motors with torque ripple and radial forcing functions
- Analyzing rotating machinery designs with CAE tools, such as Romax Enduro, Spectrum, Spin, Evolve, Energy, Romax CONCEPT, MSC Adams, and FEA tools
- Meshing and analyzing complex components using finite element software, including linear static analysis, nonlinear contact analysis, eigenvalue analysis, and harmonic analysis
- Processing and analyzing rotating machinery test measurement data
- Preparing technical reports and delivering presentations to clients
- Supporting engineering service sales activities, such as problem review and solution proposition
- Traveling to test and customer sites as appropriate to monitor progress and ensure successful delivery
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience with multi-domain CAE simulation.
- Background in drivetrain engineering and analysis
- Expertise in gear and bearing technology and analysis
- Experience in Romax, MSC Adams or other static and dynamic drivetrain analysis tools.
- Knowledge of drivetrain and/or propulsion system engineering development practices
- Good understanding of CAE and analytical simulation workflows
- Knowledge of FEA, either Nastran, Ansys, Abaqus
- Ability to learn, grow and adapt to changing work requirements
- Familiarity with APIs, script writing, XML
- Fluency in Windows and Microsoft Office products
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent English communication is required
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work in a team environment
- Good problem identification and problem-solving skills
- Work to task completion including occasional off-hours and/or weekend hours
- Availability to travel (up to 25%)
- Experience with one or more MSC products - Nastran, Marc, Apex, Patran, Adams, Dytran, EASY-5, Actran, Digimat, Cradle, Simufact, ELM, FTI, preferred.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
401k with generous employer match
Pre-tax Benefits Accounts (HSA, FSA, DFSA)
Flexible Paid Time Off Programs
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”