Oceanside, Vereinigte Staaten
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for our Oceanside, CA location.
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for providing support for all Assembly, Part Manufacturing, Calibration, Aftermarket, Packaging and Product Development functions. The Engineer strives to continuously improve our processes, cost, performance, and reliability of our products and to bring innovation to the Hexagon Metrology Group. The Manufacturing Engineer creates and coordinates the implementation of new or improved assembly processes and calibration processes. The Engineer is responsible for various engineering assignments ranging from process documentation to the introduction of designs and quality systems to assembly and calibration. This includes coordination of various group activities within Manufacturing Engineering.
- Supports and participates in continuous improvement activities that positively affect safety, the environment, quality, reliability, and productivity or improve the overall suitability and effectiveness of the management system, its processes, and products.
- Supports organizational policies related to safety, environmental protection, housekeeping, etc. within area of responsibility.
- Performs all other duties as related to manufacturing engineering.
- Team player: Supports teammates and colleagues.
- Recommends and implements improvements to production processes, plant layout, environment, methods, and controls.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement and improved efficiency.
- Supports and contributes to quality control improvements and procedures.
- Supports calibration and assembly by directing and coordinating calibration and assembly processes.
- Implements calibration operation changes and optimizations based on identified needs and related engineering data. Actively initiates and promotes improvements of the plant operations based on observations and factory inputs.
- Develops, writes, and maintains work instructions, sequence of operations as well as time estimates for each operation specification.
- Responsible for being an expert on product BOMs and BOM structure. Assists in BOM maintenance and audits.
- Creates and maintains routings for management of process and material throughput.
- Analyzes existing operating methods and initiates and develops new methods to improve cost, reliability and quality of products and processes.
- Maintains competency with respect to technical skills by attending training classes, special technical and administration courses, independent research, seminars, exhibits and trade shows as needed.
- Responsible for leading and participating in continuous improvement projects that positively affect safety, quality, and/or productivity, or other process improvements as identified by management.
- Required to manage and maintain applicable areas of Hexagon Enterprise Resource Planning systems and databases.
- Required to incorporate principles of 5S in daily working routine and to support 5S activities throughout the facility.
- Occasional travel to customers, vendors, shows or other Hexagon business units is required.
- B.S. in Engineering or A.S. with equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-5 years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience with developing routings and work instructions for calibration processes.
- Experience in Metrology.
- Experience in computer programming.
- Experience in electronics (diagnostics, electro-mechanics).
- Understanding of prints / diagrams.
- Ability to interpret and analyze data
- Strong ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical and software issues
- Strong technical computer skills
- Ability to provide leadership and motivation
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming, and follow-through skills.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written
- Proficiency with MS Office, Excel, Windows
- Proficiency with Solidworks preferred.
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Training Opportunities…and so much more!
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”