Applications Engineer Manager
IL, Vereinigte Staaten
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division is seeking an Applications Engineering Manager. This is a remote position with the ideal candidate located in either the Eastern or Central time zone.
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools. Description:
Develops objectives, policies, and programs for the activities of the North & Central America Application Engineering Team for the accomplishment of overall company objectives. Responsible for leading a world class support team in line with Hexagon’s KPI’s and SLA’s. The Team consists of 20+ Application Engineers who are tasked with customer training, software installations, post processor development/installation, software demonstrations, and contract/custom work. This role ensures all internal Applications Engineers are experts in the assigned software’s and services. This is for the Production Software Metals Team (VISI, EDGECAM, SURFCAM, WORKNC, and SMIRT)
- Oversee and contributes as directed to continuous improvement projects that positively affect safety, quality, and/or productivity, or other process improvements as identified by management
- Plans, directs, and coordinates the efforts of the Applications Engineers toward the accomplishment of overall objectives and strategies
- Manages daily activities of Applications Engineers that review customers’ needs and recommend specific product/service solutions to meet these needs
- Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget
- Acts as advisor to Applications Engineer Team Leads regarding projects, tasks, and operations
- Accountable for planning and developing teams for customer training
- Coordinate with sales department in analyzing customer needs
- Develop and maintain an organization capable of achieving objectives through proper structuring, staffing, developing, evaluating, counseling, and rewarding of personnel
- Continually review, assess, and evaluate services to better serve the needs and preferences of existing and prospective customers
- Provide the proper training of personnel on new and existing products
Education and/or Experience
- Excellent organization, motivation, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Project management and planning skills
- Ability to interface well with all levels of the organization and customer base
- Management and technical experience
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Creative, analytical, and driven
- Travel up to 50%
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or the equivalent combination of associates degree and management experience
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
- 10 or more years job related experience
- 5+ years managing a team of 5+ people
- Prior experience managing an AE Team focused on external/customer facing activities
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none.
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Training Opportunities…and so much more!
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”