North Kingstown, RI, Vereinigte Staaten
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division is seeking a Mechanical Engineer for our North Kingstown, RI location.
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
As a Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for the development, test, and management of new and existing products and technologies as well as the development and upgrade of aftermarket products. Strives to continuously improve processes, cost, performance, and reliability of products and brings innovation to the group. Executes all phases of product design, ranging from conceptualization, modeling, and reviews to generating required production documentation. Develops new systems, improves existing systems, develops special systems, and executes engineering analysis and testing. Performs various engineering review/audit activities to ensure high quality, performance, reliability, and cost effectiveness of products.
- Designs new mechanical systems and components as part of Hexagon's stationary Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) as well as surround product and technologies, incorporate design principles of lean manufacturing, reliability, and maintainability
- Responsible for the creation of design architecture for mechanical sub-systems in new designs
- Participates in and may lead design projects to develop new technologies and to promote innovation
- Creates and designs mechanical components and assemblies using all required principles of mechanical engineering
- Works with vendors, suppliers, and manufacturers to optimize existing and new designs for cost, performance, and reliability
- Performs design reviews, FEMAs and other (group) engineering problem-solving methods as well as audits engineering documentation
- Responsible for all required documentation for components and assemblies as required by production, service, and customers; BOM creation and maintenance is required
- Builds and troubleshoots prototypes of new designs as required
- Remains current with technical skills by attending training classes, special technical and administration courses, independent research, seminars, exhibits, and trade shows as needed
- Required to incorporate clean work practices in daily working routines
- Assists with training and supervising technicians
- Assists with mentoring less experienced Mechanical Engineers developing their skill/knowledge through advice, coaching, and training opportunities.
- Keeps safety, cost, and deadlines in mind throughout the design and development process
- Analyses data to write reports
- Attends meeting and provides input and updates
- Works within budget to deliver safe and efficient products on time
- Networking and collaborating with other engineers and professionals
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Proficiency with PLM software (Teamcenter preferred) and change management
- Proficiency in 3D CAD software (NX preferred)
- Proficiency with FEA analysis and FMEA process
- Strong problem-solving, and reasoning skills
- Creative, analytical, self-motivated, and driven
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Works under general direction as well as in a team environment
- Excellent organizational, project planning and management skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
- BS degree in mechanical engineer or related discipline or equivalent education and work experience
- 5 – 10 years related experience
- Experience in a supervisory role
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none.
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”