Senior Software Engineer
Lehi, UT, Vereinigte Staaten
Hexagon's Manufacturing Intelligence division is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer for our Lehi, UT location.
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
We are looking for enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer who can bring fresh ideas from all areas including processing 3D data, producing path planning, resolving complex distributed computing, implementing scalability, security, artificial intelligence, and UX. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Hexagon’s latest needs. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
- Designing and developing reliable and reusable components/microservices and the associated automated test validation, using a Test-Driven-Development approach
- Working within agile processes for short cycle, fast-paced delivery of high-quality software
- Monitoring CI/CD pipelines and system test results and responding in a timely fashion when those systems require attention
- Debugging existing systems to pinpoint root causes of regressions
- Presenting innovative ideas, architectures and technologies that can enhance and improve existing solutions as well as enabling the team to be more efficient as software engineers
- Participating in team sprint planning meetings to describe epics, score stories, develop acceptance criteria and help project managers understand the real cost of implementing software solutions both large and small
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer engineering, computer science or other related STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and test-driven development processes
- Experience developing software that runs on a server or the cloud
- Good knowledge of writing C++ applications
- Experience in programming robots or cnc machines
- Experience interfacing with CAD libraries and API’s
- Experience using code, architecture, and frameworks to solve complex problems
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills, including experience working with cross-functional teams
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed and mentor other team members.
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
- 10 years C++ development experience
- Experience with C#, .NET Core and .NET Standard
- Experience developing on both Windows and Linux platforms
- Experience with complete software lifecycle: design, testing, implementation, integration and maintenance, trouble shooting
- Experience with robotic path planning, path optimization and collision avoidance
- Experience using OpenCascade or similar CAD system to script processes, extract detailed geometry information, and build custom solutions.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and container orchestration a plus
- Experience with Azure and Azure Devops a plus
- Experience using Git for management source control
- Ability to work independently and in a team, take initiative, and communicate effectively
- Familiarity with Coordinate Measuring Machines, GD&T, and data acquisition
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that's second to none.
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M / F / Vet / Disability ► E-Verify Participant
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”