Hexagon AB seeks an experienced State and Local Sales Tax Manager to join our growing team. As a key member on the SALT team, the State and Local Sales Tax Manager should be a motivated, seasoned tax professional with a strong business acumen and proven leadership capabilities. The successful candidate should have technical expertise in state and local tax matters as well as thrive at delivering excellent client service. This is a remote role, however the ideal candidate will be located in the Northeast.
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
The State and Local Tax Manager will be responsible for managing the preparation and reporting of the direct and indirect State and Local tax results for the Company as a whole. This role will also work with other members of the Tax Department and external advisors to ensure compliance on all State income and non-income tax filings.
- Maintain required level of technical knowledge
- Manage all State and Local tax compliance, working closely with other members of the US Tax team as well as outside tax advisors and service providers
- Manage multi-state income tax and indirect tax planning issues, including by not limited to nexus requirements specifically economic nexus for multinational software companies
- Assist with day-to-day operational tax department responsibilities as it relates to State and Local tax matters, which could include notice resolution, payment processing and data gathering
- Manage State tax controversy matters, including but not limited to notice and audit resolution
- Research, prepare and maintain working papers for significant tax transactions
- Review various account reconciliations for both book general ledger account balances and tax ledger balances
- Assist with review of restructuring arrangements, including due diligence for State and Local Tax matters
- Prepare and/or Review sales tax returns, income/franchise tax returns, and business taxes for the Company as a whole
- Assist with the review and/or preparation of income tax memoranda to support the analysis and conclusion for various complex transactions
- Build and maintain relationships within the Company including Financial Reporting, Legal, Development, Sales and Marketing
- Identify process improvements for various tax processes, implement changes for best practices
- Review state-by-state quarterly estimated tax liability calculations and ensure payment
- Keep abreast of current developments in the tax area
- Assist and/or lead other special projects as needed.
At Hexagon, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; Master’s in Accounting; CPA preferred
- 8 years of relevant tax experience with a U.S. based multinational corporation or international accounting firm preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer software
- Advanced Excel Skills required
- Knowledge of OneSource Income Tax or similar tax software preferred
- Ability to multi-task and handle several priorities simultaneously
- Articulate responsibilities with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to self-audit work product for reasonableness before submission to ensure accuracy
- Self-starter, able to execute well to completion with minimal direction
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven, and self-motivated
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Ability to work with team members
- Strong project management skills
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Training Opportunities…and so much more!
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”