Technical Support Specialist
IT, North Kingstown, RI, Vereinigte Staaten
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, a division of Hexagon Metrology, is seeking a Technical Support Specialist for our North Kingstown, RI location.
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
The Technical Support Specialist will provide initial contact support for Hexagon customers, internal and external, by answering the support phone line and monitoring initial web portal and e-mail ticket submissions.
- Employ support ticket/knowledgebase tool for customer incident reporting, tracking and resolution
- Phone level 1 - initial contact and resolution attempt.
- Ticket resolution- through experience, knowledgebase search, ticket search, Jira Search, Help file content, and expert collaboration.
- Ensure phone availability.
- New ticket qualification and evaluation - resolution or escalation
- Validate ticket data field entry, portal and CSR desktop entry.
- Enforce ticket handling policies - SMA, training requirements, levels etc.
- Encourage customers to use the support portal and knowledgebase.
- Develop product knowledge via HMU, Classroom coursework, scheduled training, and higher-level support.
- Other tasks as related to Tech Support
- Responsible for participation as directed in continuous improvement projects that positively affect safety, quality, and/or productivity, or other process improvements as identified by management.
- Plans, directs and coordinates the efforts of the staff toward the accomplishment of overall objectives and strategies.
- Supports and participates in continuous improvement activities that positively affect safety, the environment, quality, reliability, and productivity or improve the overall suitability and effectiveness of the management system, its processes and products.
- BS in Computer Sciences, Engineering, or Mathematics, or equivalent combination of education and coordinate measuring or statistical process control software
- One year of technical support experience or demonstrated ability
- Windows background
- Ability to think 3-dimensionally
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Training Opportunities…and so much more!
At this time, we will consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. No relocation. Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”