Systems Engineer II
Engineering, North Kingstown, Vereinigte Staaten
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
The Engineering group is responsible for the development, testing and management of new and existing products, services and technologies as well as the development and upgrade of aftermarket products. The group strives to continuously improve our processes, cost, performance and reliability of our products and to bring innovation to the Hexagon Metrology Group.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for integration and testing of electrical and mechanical systems as well as software related to coordinate measurement machines. The Systems Engineer ensures that system integrity and overall metrology performance is maintained when all system components are combined. Working in an office, lab, and occasional factory environment the Systems Engineer develops and executes test plans and analyzes the obtained data to draw relevant conclusions.
- Develops and executes test plans for verify design and performance of systems related to measuring equipment as well as associated devices and software products
- Develop test strategies in support of product verification testing
- Troubleshoot systems and support Operations and Field Service teams in the resolution of technical issue
- Provides input to development teams to improve component or overall system performance
- Involved in defining troubleshooting processes for new products to be included in user documentation
- Identifies shortcomings in processes and initiates process improvements. Takes an active role in driving change requests through implementation
- Reviews and provides feedback on product and/or process documentation
- Configures hardware and software of systems in preparation of testing activities
- Mentors and assists with training of other System Engineers and Technicians
- Participate in organization and maintenance of lab equipment
- Maintains currency with respect to technical skills
- Occasional travel to customers, vendors, shows or other Hexagon business units is required
- Required to incorporate clean work practices in daily working routines
- Team player: Supports teammates and colleagues
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- BS in an engineering discipline
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in electrical, mechanical or software engineering and metrology related field
- Proficiency with MS office programs, PC-DMIS, QUINDOS, VB or C++, MatLab, machine control firmware
- Comfortable with hands-on work in laboratory environment
- Experience with Hexagon stationary CMM systems
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that's second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Training Opportunities… and so much more!
At this time, we will consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. No relocation. Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M / F / Vet / Disability ► E-Verify Participant
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”