Quality Engineer- Temporary to hire
Oceanside, CA, Vereinigte Staaten
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division has a need for a Quality Engineer on a temporary to hire basis at our Oceanside, CA location.
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
The Quality Engineer, as part of the Quality team, is an integral part of the organization’s quality improvement efforts. The Quality Engineer ensures safety, quality and productivity standards are maintained in accordance with established policies and procedures. The Quality Engineer works on continuous improvement activities and certification systems in conformance with ISO programs. The Quality Engineer performs Review of Components, Subassemblies, and products to ensure conformance to Engineering and Quality requirements.
- Performs Inspection and Quality reviews of components and subassemblies to ascertain their conformance to requirements
- Writes CMM programs used for the inspection to verify product conformance and Supplier capabilities
- Conducts CMM and manual inspections
- Continuously improves inspection processes and procedures
- Supports supply chain representing the quality team in leading and improving MRB activity
- Collects quality data and presents to management posing solutions in support of continuous improvement
- Assists in maintaining and improving the quality system
- Creates and maintains the company’s quality documentation
- Involved in continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system
- Develops training materials to build quality awareness
- Ensures that products and processes comply with the requirements of the quality system
- Assist with audit activities and closing out audit findings
- Analyzes failures and determines appropriate corrective and preventative actions
- Supports and participates in continuous improvement activities that positively affect safety, environment, quality, reliability, and productivity or improve the overall suitability and effectiveness of the management system, its processes, and products
- Facilitates the FMEA process with teams in the organization
- Maintains currency with respect to technical skills by attending training classes, special technical and administration courses, independent research, seminars, exhibits and trade shows as needed
- Required to incorporate clean work practices and principles of 5S in daily working routine
- Occasional travel to customers, vendors, shows or other Hexagon locations as required
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the field of Engineering or Quality
- Good understanding and experience working with teams using Root Cause Analysis / CAPA tools
- Experience with Process mapping, FMEA, MSA, and SPC is preferred
- Programming and operating a CMM is a plus, training is available
- Experience in inspection, blueprint reading, and GD&T
- Strong data collection with basic statistic skills
- Strong people skills. Ability to resolve conflicts, provide support, leadership, and motivation
- General project management skills and self-motivated
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Technical writing skills a plus
- Experience with MS Office products is required
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”