Assembly and Manufacturing, North Kingstown, RI, Vereinigte Staaten
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
The Machinist position requires experience in blueprint reading, math and basic computer skills, and knowledge of measuring tools. The Machinist must be able edit programs and perform duties necessary to set up and operate a variety of CNC and manual machine tools to finish metal and nonmetal services. He/she is responsible for the quality of the finished product.
- Sets up, calibrates and operates CNC machining equipment including lathes, mills, and lapping machines to fabricate aluminum parts
- Uses blueprints and design sketches to ensure the proper dimensions and tolerance levels of the finished product
- Packages and transports parts using fork truck and motorized pallet jack equipment
- Selects and uses wide variety of precision measuring and checking equipment
- Regularly cleans and maintains machinery based on cleaning procedures and preventative maintenance schedules
- Record production activity on paperwork and on company network
- Works under general supervision, and assumes additional related responsibilities as assigned my Management
- Team player: supports teammates and colleagues.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience preferred
- Demonstrated mechanical and mathematical aptitude
- Preferred – manufacturing environment exposure
- Basic computer skills, to include Microsoft Word and Excel
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Training Opportunities…and so much more!
At this time, we will consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. No relocation. Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”