Customer Order Service Coordinator
Customer Care, Oceanside, CA, Vereinigte Staaten
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
The Customer Order Service Coordinator will interact with customers, field service representatives, and field sales staff to assure the prompt resolution of customer needs. Review and process a variety of paperwork including: International & Intercompany Purchase and Service orders, NAFTA Purchase orders, RMA’s, service reports, and equipment requests.
- Interface directly with customers and sales representatives on variety of order related issues
- Enter customer and intercompany purchase orders into LX
- Process billing invoices, RMA requests, service reports, and equipment requests
- Primary telephone operator for Oceanside facility
- Process Contract/Orders/Billing using the Service Max program
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems using Cognos, reports, Customer files, LX, and Service Max
- Train new and existing customers on the Service Max program
- Organize customer folders in order for them to be digitally scanned
- Transfer scanned customer data onto internal portal and maintain all customer information on the portal
- Create technical service quotes for customers
- Assist with part identification and part quotes for customers and engineers
- Create parts order quotes using software tools such as ERP system, HSM database and Excel templates
- Process Service Reports:
- Review submitted service reports for completeness, verifying with database all parts and returned materials entered on system undesignated purchase order
- Determine amount customer should be invoiced by referring to service report, original quote and purchase order
- Coordinates and interfaces with other internal departments on service issues
- Examples but not limited to purchase orders, invoicing, field service warehouse, credits, RMA parts
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Team player: supports teammates and colleagues
- Minimum 2 years college. 4-year degree preferred –or equivalent prior work experience
- Computer skills – MS Office (Outlook, Word & Excel), ERP
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Training Opportunities…and so much more!
At this time, we will consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. No relocation. Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”