Assistant Production Manager
Assembly and Manufacturing, North Kingstown, RI, Vereinigte Staaten
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, a division of Hexagon Metrology, is seeking an Assistant Production Manager for our North Kingstown, Rhode Island location.
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
The Assistant Production Manager is responsible for the supervision of first line employees in accordance with Safety, Quality, and Productivity Standards. Trains employees, sets performance goals, organizes and assigns work, and maintains a productive and motivated climate.
- Supports and participates in continuous improvement activities that positively affect safety, the environment, quality, reliability, and productivity or improve the overall suitability and effectiveness of the management system, its processes and products
- Required to provide leadership to shop floor employees in the Assembly, Calibration, Electronics and Machine Shop areas daily
- Required to incorporate clean work practices in daily working routines
- Required to learn, understand, and utilize Business Systems daily as it relates to duties and responsibilities. Examples: Smart Factory Manager, LX, SharePoint, TeamCenter, Product and Factory Portals, etc
- Continuously monitors the materials and chemicals used in the build process, working with EH&S and facilities to update and maintain MSDS / Safety Data Sheets
- Addresses and implements corrective action procedure to prevent recurrences and interruption of production processes
- Reviews daily production schedules and directs work for the departments in support of 100% customer satisfaction and on-time deliveries to Build Plan
- Update Production status in applicable systems and in Production reviews
- Clearly communicate goals and objectives, set measures to which employees are held accountable to perform effectively
- Utilize available resources to efficiently manage Production Efficiency, reduce Rework and Scrap and minimize working capital (Inventory)
- Provides cross functional training, procedures, instructions and guidance to ensure the success of individuals to our Skills Training Matrix
- Coordinate team members to implement LEAN concepts, 5S program, Workstation Cells, POU storage and maximize production throughput
- Develop Production Leads; Train to delegate daily line operations practices so as to have redundancy and contingencies in place – Maximizing workforce flexibility
- Coordinate with other departments regarding part shortages, repairs, tooling, manpower and other operational needs
- Maintains competency and awareness regarding technical skills by attending training classes, administration courses, independent research, seminars and online training
- Team player: supports teammates and colleagues
- Strong organizational skills
- High School Graduate
- Five years of directly related experience
- Effective communication skills
- PC experience (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Training Opportunities…and so much more!
At this time, we will consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. No relocation. Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”