OH, Vereinigte Staaten
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division is seeking an Applications Engineer for our Miamisburg, OH location.
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
The Applications Engineer provides technical sales support for all applications of Hexagon products encompassing metrology, demonstration, functionality, and performance. In addition, the Applications Engineer is responsible for quoting and managing contract programming tasks and performing product training.
• Conduct hardware and software product demonstrations showcasing technical features and processes to prospective and existing customers
• Effectively communicate product benefits for complex applications
• Assist regional sales team in providing product recommendations for customers’ applications
• Prepare operating instructions and conducts training programs to meet customer’s needs
• Maintain positive customer relationships through effective interaction
• Ability to teach a Level II training class
• Mentor less experienced Applications Engineers
• Prepare detailed technical specifications for quotations
• Develop programs/applications that effectively accomplish customer specifications/objectives
• Manage programming and turnkey projects with little to no guidance
• Consults with customers and incorporates needs and feedback into application designs
• Provide technical support to customers
• Ensures programs/applications work properly after maintenance and testing
• Analyze and edit existing programs/applications as needed to optimize performance
• Take a challenging issue from problem statement through to resolution and follow-up
• Keep up with advancements in application engineering and new technologies
• Collaborate with engineering and marketing groups on product development projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Comfortable speaking before small groups
• Knowledge for 3D CAD
• GD&T knowledge
• Proficient with MS Office
• Strong Customer Service Skills
• Creative, analytical, and driven
• Works independently as well as in a team environment
• Ability to travel up to 70%, domestic
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline, Mathematics, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• 3-5 years’ experience in Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Engineering, or similar environment
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none.
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Training Opportunities…and so much more!
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”