The Life Science Business Development Manager is responsible for the growth and success of Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence’s (HMI) Life Science business worldwide. They will define, lead, and help with the execution of both short-term tactical approaches to address immediate market opportunities and longer-term strategic approaches to accelerate industry growth in a sustainable manner.
- Deep industry and technical knowledge:
- Consummate networker: Build virtual teams with colleagues across the organization, in various business functions and geographies, and with external partners
- Self-motivated leader & problem solver: Proven ability to find solutions to various problems (technical, organizational, resources etc.) working within a large, evolving, matrixed, multinational organization.
- Cheerleader: Be the ultimate champion for Life Sciences by supporting the sales teams to deliver successes and working with the product teams to address industry needs
- Drive Revenues: Have strong business development and relationship management focused experience to manage high-growth accounts and drive revenues specifically for the life science industry
- Significant industry experience and strong relationships to establish partnerships and drive business
- Experience developing integrated industry solutions targeted at different segments of the life science industry
- Knowledge of technologies such as physics-based simulations, modern production techniques, and measurement systems.
- Knowledge of product development, regulatory and scientific affairs as it relates to medical devices, pharmaceuticals and patient care
Be a standout colleague and leader that everyone loves to work with!
Define and execute Life Science strategy for Hexagon MI:
- Define life science marketing strategy & deliver industry focused content to the marketing team
- Identify industry solutions-driven functional gaps to be addressed across the portfolio and collaborate with the Product Management team to influence product roadmaps
- Support the sales teams with key engagements, especially with new life science solutions, to drive industry growth
- Engage with business and technology executives, consult and advise on industry and help define client specific solutions
- Manage the overall relationship and communication with key clients and have full command of their business model, application landscape and how Hexagon MI solutions deliver value
- 10+ years of experience in business development or partnership roles in the life science industry (medical devices, pharmaceutical, and/or patient care)
- Work flexible hours to accommodate the needs of a globally dispersed organization
- Manage variable workloads based on business needs
- Cross industry knowledge would be very useful to leverage trends and best practices from other industries
- Proven track record of developing strategic partnerships and negotiating agreement terms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable communicating directly with senior executives internally and at partners and customers
- Strong Life Sciences Business Development (farming) and sales (hunting) experience
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”