Senior Mechanical Engineer - Electric Drive Unit Design
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer - Electric Drive Unit Design
Location: Pune, India
This is an opportunity to join the fast-moving and growing business of the Applied Solutions team within Hexagon MI’s Design & Engineering Division. We deliver electro-mechanical system design projects across a range of industries. Our main track record is in design of car and truck electric drive units, car and truck gearboxes, wind turbine gearboxes and aerospace gearboxes, but we expand to new areas all the time as industry moves on, for instance recently developing concepts for eVTOL aircraft. Our mission is to deliver future-proof designs for our customers that demonstrate the power of Hexagon MI's computer-aided-engineering technology. Through our projects we help customers build their own capability as well as accelerating their time to market with new product developments.
Our team has its roots in the Romax Technology heritage of design and simulation and increasingly our projects incorporate electrical, electronics and controls aspects, such that we offer a wider portfolio of disciplines to solve our customer problems. For instance, we have designed multi-speed electric vehicle "3-in-1" drive units and integrated wind turbine gearbox/generator systems. And as we are now part of Hexagon MI we utilize the tools and expertise offered by the wider Hexagon group for structural analysis and optimization, fluid dynamics and acoustics, such as in vehicle level noise and vibration prediction, or in thermal integration of drive systems.
We are active participants in exciting R&D projects in order to develop new offerings. Currently Applied Solutions are delivering projects looking at advanced automated manufacturing & assembly processes for electric drive units, novel aerospace actuators utilizing composites, novel electric machine architectures, and investigations into the powertrains that will be used in future eMobility.
This role offers exposure to multiple applications, opportunities to work with and travel to meet customers from across the world, and opportunities to realize technical, commercial or managerial ambitions in a flexible working environment.
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer experienced in drivetrain design and analysis, to join our growing team in India. As we see increasing demand for project works, particularly in relation to gearbox design and development, we are seeking to grow our mechanical design team in Pune where we can access a great talent pool. Our Indian and UK-based teams work together closely to deliver projects for global customers.
- Working on mechanical drivetrain design and analysis projects for precision-engineered heavily loaded mechanical parts such as found in electric drive units or aerospace gearboxes.
- Requirements capturing, designing from blank sheet to concept through to detailed drawings for machined or cast parts (and occasionally moulded parts) using CAD such as Catia, including gearbox and motor housings, inverter casings and cooling plates, busbars, shafts, gears, shift system components, actuator components, planetary carriers
- Analyzing and sizing gearbox components using Romax software such as gears, shafts, bearings, splines
- Finite element based stress and fatigue analysis of structural parts such as housings and planetary carriers using MSC Apex and Nastran or Marc
- Vibration and/or acoustic predictions from electric drive units using Romax and Actran
- Reviewing and improving of gearbox designs
- Drivetrain development troubleshooting (e.g. addressing durability, vibration or efficiency issues)
- Writing engineering documents for customers such as processes and “design manuals”
- Supporting customer meetings
- Contributing to research and development projects
What we offer:In this role you will gain exposure to multiple engineering disciplines and will have the opportunity to work for our clients that include many of the best-known global engineering corporations. We are actively providing design and consultancy services related to drivetrains in the automotive, aerospace and renewable energy sectors.
- An excellent understanding of the development process and manufacturing process for precision engineered machined and cast parts such as found in electric drive units or vehicle gearboxes
- In-depth knowledge of the use of simulation technology such as FE analysis, CAE, gear design software, or at least a good appreciation of how such tools are used in the design process.
- Sound knowledge of manufacturing for mechanical components such that you can create drawings of transmission components and liaise with manufacturers
- Relevant qualifications (typically degree) in mechanical engineering, automotive engineering or related subject
- 5+ years experience in a related area i.e. automotive industry
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence unterstützt die herstellende Industrie bei der Entwicklung der bahnbrechenden Technologien von heute und der revolutionären Produkte von morgen. Als führender Anbieter von mess- und fertigungstechnischen Lösungen haben wir große Erfahrung im Wahrnehmen, Denken und Handeln, d. h. im Erfassen, Analysieren und aktiven Nutzen von Messdaten. Unsere Kunden profitieren von einer höheren Fertigungsgeschwindigkeit, einer schneller wachsenden Produktivität und gleichzeitig steigender Produktqualität.
Mithilfe eines Netzes von lokalen Servicezentren, Fertigungsstätten und Vertriebsniederlassungen auf fünf Kontinenten sorgen wir für einen intelligenten Wandel in der Fertigung und tragen so zu einer Welt bei, wo mehr Produktivität durch mehr Qualität erreicht wird. Weitere Informationen erhalten Sie auf HexagonMI.com.
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence ist Teil von Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B; hexagon.com), einem weltweit führenden Informationstechnologieanbieter, der für mehr Qualität und Produktivität in georäumlichen und industriellen Unternehmensanwendungen sorgt.