Senior Software Engineer
Irvine, CA, Vereinigte Staaten
Hexagon's Manufacturing Intelligence division, is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer, for our Irvine, CA location.At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools. Description:
Senior Software Engineer specializing in 3D computer graphics and scientific visualization. In this role you will predominately work on C++ computer aided engineering desktop applications.Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with both onshore and offshore team members on software design, development, and testing tasks
- Design software with focus on component-based architecture
- Deliver customer focused, robust, scalable, and reusable software components in a timely manner
- Interface with the Design team for optimum user experience
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity. We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) 401k with employer match Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Tuition Reimbursement Training Opportunities…and so much more!
- Expertise in design, development, and support of 3D computer graphics and scientific visualization
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- PhD preferred
- Preferred 5+ years’ hands-on development experience with large-scale commercial software. Candidates with lesser experience will be considered provided they have excellent technical knowledge.
- Knowledge of developing using the Visual Tool Kit (VTK, Kitware) strongly preferred
- Demonstrable excellence with C++ and algorithm design
- Experience multi-threaded and parallelization technologies such as TBB, OpenMP, CUDA, and Vectorization preferred
- Experience with Agile Software Development methodology
- Experience using code management systems (e.g., GIT, Perforce)
- Experience with developing on Windows and Linux computer platforms with Visual Studio, Eclipse, VTune etc.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of Unified Modeling Language (UML) and OOAD
- Experience developing or applying tools such as EnSight, Paraview, Tecplot, or VCollab, preferred
- Experience in OpenGL or DirectX preferred
- Knowledge of automation tools and scripting. Experience with Python preferred.
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”