Research and Development,
Irvine, CA, Vereinigte Staaten
Hexagon's Manufacturing Intelligence division is seeking a Development Engineer- Acoustics. The ideal candidate will be in Irvine, CA, Detroit, MI, Cincinnati, OH, Pittsburgh, PA, or Rhode Island.At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
Develop advanced NVH simulation capabilities in Nastran. Understand and develop user requirements, create design documents, perform coding to implement the designs, initiate the testing of the developed capabilities and assist in correcting any deficiencies.
- Perform the design, implementation, system integration, documentation, and unit/system test of Nastran Vibro-Acoustics and Structural Dynamics capabilities.
- Enhance and correct defects as assigned by Manager.
- Author project documentation.
- Ensure all deliverables meet established Product Quality Metrics and Guidelines.
- Assist QA and V&V teams with benchmarking and certification to ensure a successful and timely product release.
- Provide second-line support to MSC application/support engineers.
- Assist customers, especially for funded-development projects, as needed.
- Assist product management, marketing, sales, and business development teams.
- Perform code reviews.
- [Group-specific duties/responsibilities requirements – if applicable].
- Management may change this description at any time, according to business needs.
- Graduate Degree in Aero, Mechanical or Civil with emphasis in structural dynamics or acoustics
- Minimum 5 years overall software development.
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
- 5 years’ experience in commercial finite element software development
- 5 years programming experience in C or Fortran. Knowledge of scripting languages like Python/Perl a plus
- NVH modeling experience using finite element and/or statistical energy (SEA) methods.
- Knowledge of Vibro-Acoustics, Structural Dynamics and Acoustic (Poro-Elastic) Material Models.
- Advanced knowledge of computational numerical methods
- Advanced engineering and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of commercial acoustics simulation packages a plus Advanced knowledge of Nastran or other leading FE programs
- Software Development
- Moderate knowledge of software engineering methodologies and practices
- Advanced knowledge of C/C++, FORTRAN programming.
- Must be willing to work with legacy codes.
- Ability to author clear software design documents
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Moderate technical leadership skills
- Moderate project management skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality.
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
At this time, we will consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. No relocation. Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”