Autonomous Technical Sales Engineer
Sales and Dealer Management,
Remote, Vereinigte Staaten
Hexagon's Manufacturing Intelligence division is seeking a Technical Sales Engineer. The ideal candidate would be in either Detroit, MI, Pittsburgh, PA, or California.At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
Within Hexagon, the VIRES/MSC Software team is looking for a highly motivated, self-driven Technical Sales/Field Application Engineer to join our growing Automated Driving team. In this exciting role every day will be different! One day you might be on site with a customer ensuring their success with our VTD product in simulation, testing & validation. Another day you may be meeting with the internal VTD engineering teams or global sales teams to help prioritize customer demands and needs. You’ll sometimes find yourself engaging with customers at a trade show or on a sale call. You might also find yourself writing test scripts or documenting new features. At all times, you’ll have the opportunity to impact and push the VTD automated driving product toward bigger and better growth for both business and engineering goals, objectives, and success.
Working as a bridge between customers and engineering teams, you will take customer input and sales information to design or re-design, develop, test, and implement complex Automated Driving programs and applications. You will also provide technical support and expertise to customers, testing applications, responding to customer feedback, installations, maintenance, and often performing sales presentations and demonstrations with sales account managers. You will reach across many departments, working with engineering teams, sales, business development teams, and customer service teams.
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
- Bachelor's degree in a Technical/Engineering field.
- 3+ years’ experience/working knowledge of ADAS and Autonomous Driving stacks
- 1+ year experience as a sales engineer or customer-facing applications engineer
- Experience/working knowledge of SIL/HIL
- Experience/working knowledge of simulation, testing, and validation (VTD, Carsim, etc.)
- Working knowledge of ROS, DDS, ADTF, CAN, etc.
- Working knowledge of C++, Matlab, Simulink, Python, etc.
- Hands on with Linux
- Knowledge in computer graphics is preferrable, but not a must
- Knowledge in machine learning is a bonus
- Cheerleader: Be the ultimate champion for the Federal Team by supporting the sales teams to deliver successes and working with the product teams to address industry needs
- Team player: Collaborate with and support Hexagon teams, especially with proximal workflows and solutions, to ensure overall success of Hexagon MSC
- Problem solving with a scientific approach is required. You’ll be solving customer-centric tasks both at Hexagon/MSC Software and at customer sites. Figuring out the best way to perform the such tasks requires a full system perspective, out-of-the-box thinking, and a self-starter attitude.
- Attack problems with consistency and passion. You’ll work very closely with product management, engineering, technical operations, marketing, sales, and business development while juggling your priorities.
- Effectively communicate client needs to the engineering and product team for product prioritization and enhancements.
- Comfortable performing customer presentations and working with decision makers, evaluators, and executives.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that's second to none.
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M / F / Vet / Disability ► E-Verify Participant
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”