This role supports all sales activities related to achieving the Region’s revenue objectives. This role focused on Aerospace Composites & Material Development for aircraft sub and supersonic, including structural design, development and analysis using CAE tools and methods.
- Provide support of local and regional sales efforts to ensure achievement and growth of quarterly revenue goals.
- Work independently with area customers to support the proper use of the products, expand user growth and increase product diversification of MSC products in order to maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Manage the technical sale – develop clear understanding of customer needs, success criteria, budget constraints, timing, etc. Work to develop technical content (i.e. presentations, demonstrations, benchmarks, etc.) that deliver proof of business value for MSC’s products.
- Provide technical account management for assigned strategic accounts.
- Assist Sales in developing, and managing implementation plans for new MSC customers.
- Assist Sales in understanding the technical requirements and technical decision criteria of prospective clients.
- Work with Sales and technical management to develop territory support plans and manage the technical activities of key accounts.
- Deliver application consulting to strategic clients that includes the use of MSC products applied to specific moderately complex customer analysis problems.
- Teach product training classes, customized classes, give seminars on new product releases. Help develop customized classes and seminars.
- Have the technical ability, communication skills and confidence to deliver quickstarts/mentoring.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Masters degree in Engineering highly preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of professional experience with multi-domain CAE simulations focus on composite aircraft structures and material development. Excellent FEA background a must. Experience should include use of MSC Nastran, MSC Patran as a minimum. Experience with high temperature composites analysis and manufacturing is highly preferred. Experience with a similar suite of engineering analysis software considered for exceptional candidates.
- Good understanding of CAE and analytical simulation workflows
- Knowledge of one or more MSC products, which may include MSC Nastran, MSC Patran, Digimat, or Simufact
- Knowledge of Computational Fluid Dynamics, co-simulation for Flutter analysis or high velocity aero/thermal loading is desired
- Ability to develop end to end simulation workflows based on unique customer needs.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work in a team environment
- Good problem identification and problem-solving skills
- Work to task completion including occasional off-hours and/or weekend hours
- Ability to learn, grow and adapt to changing work requirements
- Programming knowledge (Python required; Matlab, DOS or bash beneficial)
- Familiarity with software APIs, script writing, XML
- Advanced computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent English communication is required
- Availability to travel (up to 50%)
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”