This role may be based anywhere in Europe or North America, preferably close to one of the major offices of Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, although consideration will be given to exceptional candidates in any location worldwide.
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence (HMI) is seeking a Visualization and Immersive Technology Leader to define the overall visualization technology strategy for HMI.The successful candidate will hold primary responsibility to define and architect cloud-based visualization products and solutions to meet current and future market needs in an efficient and coordinated manner. The visualization scope is broad and covers topics such as the display and animation of 3D objects using a variety of interfaces, data visualization and data analytics and high-performance, low latency remote visualization for a variety of disciplines and applications.The ideal applicant will have a track record of approaching challenges innovatively along with strong interpersonal skills as these are critical success factors for this role. This person must be able to “get in the trenches” to work collaboratively with colleagues in a matrix environment to drive all aspects of this business.This permanent position is an excellent career opportunity for a creative and detail-oriented professional whose broad experience in defining the overall visualization technology strategy is complemented by excellent collaboration and communication skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
Visualization and Immersive Technology Leader responsibilities and duties include:
- Analyse and understand discrete manufacturing market needs for data visualisation and reporting, including analysing and understanding competitors’ offerings
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to identify and frame customer problems through Voice of Customer discussions; to derive new ways to intuitively resolve their problems through appropriate product design and visualization techniques
- Carry out customer visits and live/remote presentation together with product marketing manager and business developers to gather knowledge about customers’ needs, their preferences and product usage
- Define, design and architect innovative, modern, app-like and highly competitive cloud-based visualisation and reporting applications
- Work with the software business units (BUs) to deliver the visualisation and reporting solutions
- Coordinate any product-specific operational activities with software development, system architects, back-office and support teams for timely delivery against roadmap
- Contribute to all aspects of strategy, business plans, competitor analysis, monetization models, pricing, Go-To-Market plans, collateral development etc.
- Leverage behavioural science (e.g. psychology and cognitive science) with graphic and industrial design to create best-in-class user experiences and products
- Work with software developers and architects to create specifications and standards for rapid and consistent deployment across a broad software portfolio of varying maturities
- Contribute to top-level strategic thinking, helping to deliver Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence’s overall smart manufacturing vision
Qualifications and Skills
The desired qualifications and skills of the Visualization and Immersive Technology Leader are:
- Bachelor degree in a behavioural science, visual design, communications or related field. MBA is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years software development or architecture experience focused on visualisation for a leading software company
- Agile mentality (adaptive and flexible mindset)
- Comfortable working in an international environment
- Proficient in modern UX/UI definition and design.
- Track record of establishing and growing new visualisation and user interactive products
- Exceptional track record of delivering world class Software and Cloud deployed Applications with history of driving best practice processes within a complex organization
- Outstanding interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Strong creative, problem solving with attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A mission-driven, team player approach; and a desire to make an impact and difference.
- Demonstrable drive, determination, self-motivation and action orientation needed to be successful in working with short deadlines
- The maturity, judgment and self-confidence to operate effectively with a high level of independence.
- The highest level of integrity and high ethical standards
- An understanding of manufacturing processes will be valued but is not mandatory
- Fluent in English
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 30%
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”