This role may be based anywhere in Europe or North America, preferably close to one of the major offices of Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, although consideration will be given to exceptional candidates in any location worldwide.
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence (HMI) is seeking a Director of Advanced Analytics to help define and execute the company’s strategy and roadmap for Advanced Analytics in discrete manufacturing. The successful candidate will hold primary responsibility to define our data analytics strategy, envisioning complex smart manufacturing solutions leveraging technology from all areas of the business and identifying the data analytics needs to realise those solutions; then creating and driving a strategy to develop and/or acquire the technologies and products needed to fulfil those needs.The ideal applicant will have a track record of approaching challenges innovatively. Strong interpersonal skills are also a critical success factor for this role. Candidates must be able to “get in the trenches” to work collaboratively with colleagues in a matrix environment to drive all aspects of this business.This permanent position is an excellent career opportunity for a creative and detail-oriented professional whose broad experience in defining the overall advanced analytics strategy is complemented by excellent collaboration and communication skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
Director of Advanced Analytics responsibilities and duties include:
- Analyse and understand market needs for smart manufacturing, specifically understanding requirements for data analytics.
- Identify detailed requirements and define required analytics solutions and corresponding business plans.
- Lead initial commercial engagements, working with sales teams globally to engage with customers to promote solutions and understand requirements.
- Work with product managers and business unit teams to identify products that may be developed internally.
- Investigate opportunities to partner with third parties and/or acquisition targets to procure products and technology, managing a pipeline of such opportunities through to closing deals.
- Work with other stakeholders throughout the company worldwide as needed including the Business Units and Regional sales teams.
- Contribute to top-level strategic thinking, helping to deliver Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence’s overall smart manufacturing vision.
Qualifications and Skills
The desired qualifications and skills of the Director of Advanced Analytics are:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related discipline.
- A master’s degree in business, marketing, or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years strategic software senior management and/or product management experience.
- Knowledgeable in data governance and management, ideally with relevant experience in discrete manufacturing, preferably including specific experience in the automotive or aerospace industries.
- Comfortable in consultative engagements with customers
- Dynamic and knowledgeable about relevant market players and trends.
- History of developing and growing business in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Worked closely with software engineering teams.
- Experience working across cultures in a global organization and with customers globally.
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels.
- Worked at ease in a decentralised organisation. Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in a matrix environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills across cultures.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- A mission-driven, team player approach; and a desire to make an impact and difference.
- Demonstrable drive, determination, self-motivation and action orientation needed to be successful in working with short deadlines.
- The maturity, judgment and self-confidence to operate effectively with a high level of independence.
- The highest level of integrity and high ethical standards.
- Fluent in English
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 30%
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”