Cloud Platform Product Manager
Product Management and Business Development,
Remote, Vereinigte Staaten
Hexagon's Manufacturing Intelligence division is seeking a Platform Product Manager.
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
The Platform Product Manager will define and execute the company’s strategy to build and deploy a cloud-based platform and marketplace for Smart Manufacturing. This key and highly visible role may be based anywhere in Europe or North America, preferably close to one of the major offices of Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, although consideration will be given to exceptional candidates in any location worldwide.
The successful candidate will have responsibilities to guide and prioritize platform capabilities based on market trends, customer needs, and meet the requirements of an evolving portfolio of smart manufacturing products and solutions. The Platform Product Manager will work with the platform technology team and other technology teams and product managers across the company to ensure timely and appropriately prioritized development of the platform. The Platform PM will also evangelize the adoption of the platform internally, with development partners, and with customers, and contribute to the overall success.
The ideal applicant will have a track record of successful engagement and experience with enterprise platform development, have significant product management leadership skills (with product strategy, product roadmaps, and product portfolios) and function as the ultimate champion for the platform. Candidates must be able to “get in the trenches” to work collaboratively with colleagues in a matrix environment to drive all aspects of this business and along with possessing strong interpersonal skills (team player).
- Prioritize and specify platform requirements in consultation with technology stewards and product management teams in various parts of the business, always keeping in mind customer and market needs
- Closely engage with customers to ensure that the user experience is top class and that all targeted users derive value from participation on the platform
- Analyze and understand the market for smart manufacturing solutions, especially cloud-based solutions, to help build business cases and to influence the company’s strategy to address the market via the platform
- Be a strong voice for innovation by championing new technology ideas, and proposing new business models and engagement methods for platform adoption and appropriate monetization
- Maintain clear documentation of discussions, requirements, and decisions made via Confluence/Jira or similar.
- Collaborate closely with program managers to ensure alignment with release trains and dependencies on the platform consistent with SAFe.
- Work with all relevant stakeholders in the company and help manage competing priorities and communicate a clear platform roadmap and strategy.
- Support product marketing in the various business units and other marketing communications efforts on launch, presentations, sales tools, and general sales support on all platform-related topics.
- A Master’s degree in engineering or a related discipline, preferably with strong software engineering experience
- A Master’s degree in business, marketing, or a related discipline is a plus
- A minimum of 10 years strategic software product management experience, with successes with enterprise platform development and delivery.
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing software product strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives.
- Experience in cloud-based software delivery (different business models) and along with a keen awareness of relevant market players and trends.
- Experience working closely with software engineering teams in a multicultural setting in a global organization and with customers globally.
- Ability to plan, manage, execute, and communicate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in a matrix environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable drive, determination, self-motivation, and action orientation needed to be successful in working with short deadlines.
- The maturity, judgment, and self-confidence to operate effectively with a high level of independence.
- The highest level of integrity and high ethical standards.
- Fluent in English.
- Willingness to travel internationally based on business needs.
- At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality.
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401k with employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
At this time, we will consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. No relocation. Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”