North Kingstown, RI, United States
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, a division on Hexagon Metrology, is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for our North Kingstown, Rhode Island location.
As a Manufacturing Engineer you will be responsible for providing support to all Assembly, Part Manufacturing, Aftermarket, Packaging, and Product Development functions. In this role you will provide direct support to the Part Manufacturing Department to insure the safe and efficient utilization of all supporting equipment to result in a part that meets all quality criteria.
- Supports and participates in continuous improvement activities that positively affect safety, the environment, quality, reliability, and productivity or improve the overall suitability and effectiveness of the management system, its processes and products
- Recommends and implements improvements to production processes, plant layout, methods and controls
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement and improved efficiency
- Supports manufacturing by directing and coordinating manufacturing processes
- Implements manufacturing operation changes and optimizations based on part needs and related engineering data. Actively initiates and promotes improvements of the plant operations based on observations and factory inputs
- Develops and writes work instructions, sequence of operations as well as time estimates for each operation specification
- Incorporates Six Sigma & Lean cell-manufacturing/factory layout and process implementation
- Creates and maintains CNC programming with respect to part manufacturing.
- Analyzes existing operating methods and initiates and develops new methods to improve cost, reliability and quality of products and processes
- Maintains competency with respect to technical skills by attending training classes, special technical and administration courses, independent research, seminars, exhibits and trade shows as needed
- Creates and maintains routings for management of process and material throughput
- Responsible for leading and participating in continuous improvement projects that positively affect safety, quality, and/or productivity, or other process improvements as identified by management
- Required to incorporate principles of 5S in daily working routine and to support 5S activities throughout the facility
- Bachelor's in Engineering or Associates with equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-5 years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering
- Knowledtge of CNC Programming a plus
- Proficiency with Solidworks and relevant CAM and CNC software
- Experience with developing routings and work instructions for machining equipment
- Background in equipment selections and justifications
- Proficiency with MS Office, Project Server, and Windows
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Training Opportunities…and so much more!
At this time, we will consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. No relocation. Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
Information you submit as part of your application must be true, accurate, complete and not misleading. You understand that any false or misleading statements or omissions made by you during the application process, including your application and interviews, may be sufficient cause to justify the rejection of your application or, if you have already become an employee, the immediate termination of your employment, subject to due process.
When you provide us with information about any other third party as part of the recruitment process (e.g. referees) then, before providing us with such information, you must inform the relevant individuals that you will disclose their personal data to us and provide a copy of this notice to them.
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose of processing and managing your application. In particular we process candidates’ personal data to:
- Undertake recruitment activities, such as determining the suitability of a candidate’s qualifications.
- Assist us in managing external providers. (e.g. recruitment agencies)
- Manage our HR records and Update the Hexagon employee database.
- Reply to an official request from a public or judicial authority with the necessary authorisation.
- Comply with any legal obligation imposed on Hexagon in relation to its recruitment practice.
It is our policy to retain your details for 12 months during which your candidacy will be assessed against other potential opportunities. Prior to the expiration of that 12 month period you will be notified of the impending deletion and you will be given a choice to remain on our database for a further 12 months. At any time during the recruitment process you can request your data to be deleted from our database. You are always able to apply to any position advertised by Hexagon once more.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilise data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases, we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”