Sales Coordinator (Bilingual)
Oakville, ON, Canada
In search of an exciting career opportunity at a local company with a global presence? Your timing is perfect! Hexagon Canada is seeking a Bilingual Business Development Representative (BDR) for our office location in Oakville, Ontario, to cover the Canadian Territory. The atmosphere is friendly and collaborative, and our culture innovative and entrepreneurial!
Who We Are
Hexagon Canada is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications. Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous — to ensure a scalable and sustainable future.
For more information about Hexagon Canada, please visit our website www.hexagonmi.com
Bonus and Commission Opportunities
Comprehensive Benefit Package – health, dental and vision with flexible health spending accounts
RRSP Employer contribution plan
Generous Paid time off (PTO)
Education and Training opportunities….and so much more!
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is be a front-line employee, interacting by telephone and email with customers and prospects to qualify them as a sales opportunity.
- Research prospective customers using internet resources.
- Contact customers and prospects via email and telephone to inquire about their product needs using a scoring, and qualifying system.
- Accurately enter customer and prospect information into databases and logically plan next steps based on qualifying questions.
- Maintain positive attitude and relationship with customers and prospects regardless of the situation- provide superior customer service at all times
- Initial product knowledge training required
- Continuously develop knowledge of new products, services and sales best practice methods
- Coordinate and interface with other departments, especially Sales
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure
- Gather information, log and communicate it clearly to others
- Support and participate in continuous improvement activities that positively affect safety, the environment, quality, reliability, and productivity or improve the overall suitability and effectiveness of the management system, its processes and products.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferably in Business or Communications
- MUST be bilingual in English and French
- 2-3 years related experience in a customer service setting
- Superior verbal communication and telephone skills. Call center experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently
- Follow-through and questioning skills required
- Confidence, professionalism, and strong organizational skills
- Superior proven skills with all Microsoft Office programs and web browsers (Outlook, excel, Word, Access, Explorer)
- Experience managing databases
- Salesforce.com and Pardot experience a plus
Hexagon Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Information you submit as part of your application must be true, accurate, complete and not misleading. You understand that any false or misleading statements or omissions made by you during the application process, including your application and interviews, may be sufficient cause to justify the rejection of your application or, if you have already become an employee, the immediate termination of your employment, subject to due process.
When you provide us with information about any other third party as part of the recruitment process (e.g. referees) then, before providing us with such information, you must inform the relevant individuals that you will disclose their personal data to us and provide a copy of this notice to them.
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose of processing and managing your application. In particular we process candidates’ personal data to:
- Undertake recruitment activities, such as determining the suitability of a candidate’s qualifications.
- Assist us in managing external providers. (e.g. recruitment agencies)
- Manage our HR records and Update the Hexagon employee database.
- Reply to an official request from a public or judicial authority with the necessary authorisation.
- Comply with any legal obligation imposed on Hexagon in relation to its recruitment practice.
It is our policy to retain your details for 12 months during which your candidacy will be assessed against other potential opportunities. Prior to the expiration of that 12 month period you will be notified of the impending deletion and you will be given a choice to remain on our database for a further 12 months. At any time during the recruitment process you can request your data to be deleted from our database. You are always able to apply to any position advertised by Hexagon once more.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.About Hexagon
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilise data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.