Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division is
seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for our Oceanside, CA location.
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for providing support for all Assembly, Part Manufacturing, Calibration, Aftermarket, Packaging and Product Development functions. The Engineer strives to continuously improve our processes, cost, performance, and reliability of our products and to bring innovation to the Hexagon Metrology Group. The Manufacturing Engineer creates and coordinates the implementation of new or improved assembly processes and calibration processes. The Engineer is responsible for various engineering assignments ranging from process documentation to the introduction of designs and quality systems to assembly and calibration. This includes coordination of various group activities within Manufacturing Engineering.
- Supports and participates in continuous improvement activities that positively affect safety, the environment, quality, reliability, and productivity or improve the overall suitability and effectiveness of the management system, its processes, and products.
- Supports organizational policies related to safety, environmental protection, housekeeping, etc. within area of responsibility.
- Performs all other duties as related to manufacturing engineering.
- Team player: Supports teammates and colleagues.
- Recommends and implements improvements to production processes, plant layout, environment, methods, and controls.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement and improved efficiency.
- Supports and contributes to quality control improvements and procedures.
- Supports calibration and assembly by directing and coordinating calibration and assembly processes.
- Implements calibration operation changes and optimizations based on identified needs and related engineering data. Actively initiates and promotes improvements of the plant operations based on observations and factory inputs.
- Develops, writes, and maintains work instructions, sequence of operations as well as time estimates for each operation specification.
- Responsible for being an expert on product BOMs and BOM structure. Assists in BOM maintenance and audits.
- Creates and maintains routings for management of process and material throughput.
- Analyzes existing operating methods and initiates and develops new methods to improve cost, reliability and quality of products and processes.
- Maintains competency with respect to technical skills by attending training classes, special technical and administration courses, independent research, seminars, exhibits and trade shows as needed.
- Responsible for leading and participating in continuous improvement projects that positively affect safety, quality, and/or productivity, or other process improvements as identified by management.
- Required to manage and maintain applicable areas of Hexagon Enterprise Resource Planning systems and databases.
- Required to incorporate principles of 5S in daily working routine and to support 5S activities throughout the facility.
- Occasional travel to customers, vendors, shows or other Hexagon business units is required.
- B.S. in Engineering or A.S. with equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-5 years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience with developing routings and work instructions for calibration processes.
- Experience in Metrology.
- Experience in computer programming.
- Experience in electronics (diagnostics, electro-mechanics).
- Understanding of prints / diagrams.
- Ability to interpret and analyze data
- Strong ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical and software issues
- Strong technical computer skills
- Ability to provide leadership and motivation
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming, and follow-through skills.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written
- Proficiency with MS Office, Excel, Windows
- Proficiency with Solidworks preferred.
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
Information you submit as part of your application must be true, accurate, complete and not misleading. You understand that any false or misleading statements or omissions made by you during the application process, including your application and interviews, may be sufficient cause to justify the rejection of your application or, if you have already become an employee, the immediate termination of your employment, subject to due process.
When you provide us with information about any other third party as part of the recruitment process (e.g. referees) then, before providing us with such information, you must inform the relevant individuals that you will disclose their personal data to us and provide a copy of this notice to them.
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose of processing and managing your application. In particular we process candidates’ personal data to:
- Undertake recruitment activities, such as determining the suitability of a candidate’s qualifications.
- Assist us in managing external providers. (e.g. recruitment agencies)
- Manage our HR records and Update the Hexagon employee database.
- Reply to an official request from a public or judicial authority with the necessary authorisation.
- Comply with any legal obligation imposed on Hexagon in relation to its recruitment practice.
It is our policy to retain your details for 12 months during which your candidacy will be assessed against other potential opportunities. Prior to the expiration of that 12 month period you will be notified of the impending deletion and you will be given a choice to remain on our database for a further 12 months. At any time during the recruitment process you can request your data to be deleted from our database. You are always able to apply to any position advertised by Hexagon once more.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilise data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.
Learn more about Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) at hexagon.com and follow us @HexagonAB.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases, we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”