Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence,
division is seeking a Customer Order Service Specialist for our North Kingstown, RI location.
, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools. Description:
Responsible for providing efficient and timely processing of orders for materials and merchandise. Handles the complete order process for order entry, tracking orders, status updates, customer notification of any changes, and invoicing. Responds to customer inquiries providing non-technical problem resolution. Resolves routine and basic problems and communicates solutions or requested information to customer. Responsibilities:
- Ensures the accurate, efficient, and timely processing of orders
- Manages the complete order process from order entry, invoicing, bill of materials, and sales commissions
- Handles order tracking, status updates, and customer notification of any changes
- Utilizes various platforms for pricing, delivery dates, inventory and other data related to each transaction
- Completes contract review of orders ensuring a complete understanding of the customers' requirements and verifies customers' address and billing/shipping terms.
- Responds to customer inquiries providing non-technical problem resolution
- Resolves routine and basic issues; communicates solutions or requested information to the customer
- Interacts with suppliers, vendors, and factory to expedite orders
- Confers with Manager concerning the resolution of difficult cases as necessary
- Interacts effectively with all levels of employees and customers
- Interacts directly with customers and sales representatives on a variety of sales related issues
- Maintains thorough knowledge of company’s products and understanding of structure
- Adheres to policies and procedures for order entry, acknowledgement process, routine order maintenance, invoicing, milestone invoicing, commission accounts, credits, and returned goods
- Ensures certificate of liability coverage is received and entered for all vendors and customers
- Learns from and studies experienced Customer Order Service Coordinators’ techniques and work
- Remains current with skills by attending training classes, independent research, and seminars as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 0 – 5 years of experience in manufacturing or related environment
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent customer service skills
- Creative, self-motivated, and driven
- Excellent analytical, detail oriented, and reasoning skills
- Works under general direction as well as in a team environment
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence
, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none! Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) 401k with employer match Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Tuition Reimbursement
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
Information you submit as part of your application must be true, accurate, complete and not misleading. You understand that any false or misleading statements or omissions made by you during the application process, including your application and interviews, may be sufficient cause to justify the rejection of your application or, if you have already become an employee, the immediate termination of your employment, subject to due process.
When you provide us with information about any other third party as part of the recruitment process (e.g. referees) then, before providing us with such information, you must inform the relevant individuals that you will disclose their personal data to us and provide a copy of this notice to them.
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose of processing and managing your application. In particular we process candidates’ personal data to:
- Undertake recruitment activities, such as determining the suitability of a candidate’s qualifications.
- Assist us in managing external providers. (e.g. recruitment agencies)
- Manage our HR records and Update the Hexagon employee database.
- Reply to an official request from a public or judicial authority with the necessary authorisation.
- Comply with any legal obligation imposed on Hexagon in relation to its recruitment practice.
It is our policy to retain your details for 12 months during which your candidacy will be assessed against other potential opportunities. Prior to the expiration of that 12 month period you will be notified of the impending deletion and you will be given a choice to remain on our database for a further 12 months. At any time during the recruitment process you can request your data to be deleted from our database. You are always able to apply to any position advertised by Hexagon once more.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilise data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.
Learn more about Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) at hexagon.com and follow us @HexagonAB.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases, we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”