Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division
is seeking a Materials Planner for our North Kingstown, RI location.
, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools. Description: The Materials Planner, performs a wide variety of tasks supporting the planning and production of finished or semi-finished goods while coordinating inventory and shop floor control activities. May work with suppliers performing outside operations. May interface with various department heads on projects, continual improvements or customer requests.Responsibilities:
- Thorough knowledge of MRP. Analyzes MRP data and manages the Shop floor work orders and outside process Suppliers to support the Manufacturing Plan. Schedules, expedites and de-expedites orders keeping relevant individuals and departments advised with respect to delays and lead-times on critical material or products.
- Releases, maintains, completes and closes shop floor work orders. Ensures all materials are issued properly to minimize work order variances
- Teams with department managers to evaluate new processes, materials or continual improvement projects.
- Works with department heads to identify bottlenecks and adjust schedules accordingly. i.e off load excess to outside vendor..
- Identifies shortages to MPS or shop floor orders and expedites through proper channels including communicating with Suppliers concerning critical components.
- Responsible as Shop Floor representative in Production/Shortage and Shipments meetings.
- Works closely with COS, Shop Floor, Planner/Buyers and Suppliers to ensure parts are delivered in a timely manner to support customer or inter-company parts requirements.
- Interfaces with Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering and suppliers to resolve quality issues. Participates as a member on the Material Review Board (MRB) and initiates shop floor and supplier corrective actions where appropriate. This will include close follow up to ensure all ARs are closed in timely manner.
- Pursues cost reduction initiatives in accordance with departmental and organizational goals.
- Responsible for coordination and implementation of the ECN process with Engineering, Shop Floor and Suppliers through completion.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, with 2 plus years of related work experience in either Materials, Shop Floor Control, Inventory Control, Procurement or Supply Chain Management.
- Background in ERP systems (i.e. ERP-LX, BPCS, SAP
- Has strong operational and manufacturing process background. Understands and is able to apply Supply Chain Management concepts
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player supporting other team members and colleagues.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Requires little Management Supervision or intervention
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence
, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none! Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) 401k with employer match Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Tuition Reimbursement Training Opportunities…and so much more!
At this time, we will consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. No relocation. Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
Information you submit as part of your application must be true, accurate, complete and not misleading. You understand that any false or misleading statements or omissions made by you during the application process, including your application and interviews, may be sufficient cause to justify the rejection of your application or, if you have already become an employee, the immediate termination of your employment, subject to due process.
When you provide us with information about any other third party as part of the recruitment process (e.g. referees) then, before providing us with such information, you must inform the relevant individuals that you will disclose their personal data to us and provide a copy of this notice to them.
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose of processing and managing your application. In particular we process candidates’ personal data to:
- Undertake recruitment activities, such as determining the suitability of a candidate’s qualifications.
- Assist us in managing external providers. (e.g. recruitment agencies)
- Manage our HR records and Update the Hexagon employee database.
- Reply to an official request from a public or judicial authority with the necessary authorisation.
- Comply with any legal obligation imposed on Hexagon in relation to its recruitment practice.
It is our policy to retain your details for 12 months during which your candidacy will be assessed against other potential opportunities. Prior to the expiration of that 12 month period you will be notified of the impending deletion and you will be given a choice to remain on our database for a further 12 months. At any time during the recruitment process you can request your data to be deleted from our database. You are always able to apply to any position advertised by Hexagon once more.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilise data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.
Learn more about Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) at hexagon.com and follow us @HexagonAB.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases, we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”