Market Intelligence Analyst
Sales and Dealer Management,
North Kingstown, RI, United States
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division is seeking a Marketing Intelligence Analyst, for our North Kingstown, RI location.
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
Assists with collecting and analyzing data to evaluate existing and potential product/service markets. Assists with identifying and monitoring competitors and research market conditions or changes in the industry that may affect sales.
• Assists with researching industry trends and direction, especially as it relates to manufacturing, engineering software, production software and inspection/quality
• Aids with monitoring competitor activity in current and potential markets. Assists with forecasts and tracks trends as appropriate to business needs
• Analyzes data and communicates actionable and strategic implications for Hexagon MI in key areas such as industry trends, market size, competitor capabilities, customer buying criteria, purchase process, price sensitivity, channel requirements, and technology
• Assists with preparing and presenting findings to key stakeholders of the organization in a clear and concise manner; when appropriate, develops what-if scenarios, discusses business implications of research findings, and completes both risk analyses and return on investment projections
• Aids with designs and implements primary research tools that are unbiased and do not lead or guide respondents
• Assists with preparing oral and written communications and reports specific to business unit needs within a standardized format on a monthly or a project basis
• Consults with business and support units to ensure that research initiatives and activities are aligned with broader market and product development objectives
• Assists with measuring the effectiveness of marketing programs and strategies
• Aids in evaluating methods of data collection
• Uses statistical software to analyze and interpret data
• Maintains strict confidentiality of sensitive information
• Assists in simplifying complex data into a user-friendly format
• Learn/utilize quantitative methods and “outside the box” thinking to help answer business questions
• Remains fully informed on market trends and implement best practices
• Supports, learns from, and studies more experienced Marketing Intelligence Analysts techniques and work
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Analytical thinker with strong theoretical and research proficiencies
• Ability to comprehend and interpret competitor strategies and consumer behavior
• Thorough knowledge of marketing programs and strategies
• Ability to gather large amounts of data and convert it into meaningful analysis
• Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented
• Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
• Proficiency in math, web analytics and business research tools
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word; databases and statistical packages
• A keen understanding of the design, engineering, production and inspection markets in manufacturing
• Works under close direction as well as in a team environment
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in market research, business, engineering or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• 0 – 2 years’ experience in market research or related discipline
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none.
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Training Opportunities…and so much more!
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
Information you submit as part of your application must be true, accurate, complete and not misleading. You understand that any false or misleading statements or omissions made by you during the application process, including your application and interviews, may be sufficient cause to justify the rejection of your application or, if you have already become an employee, the immediate termination of your employment, subject to due process.
When you provide us with information about any other third party as part of the recruitment process (e.g. referees) then, before providing us with such information, you must inform the relevant individuals that you will disclose their personal data to us and provide a copy of this notice to them.
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose of processing and managing your application. In particular we process candidates’ personal data to:
- Undertake recruitment activities, such as determining the suitability of a candidate’s qualifications.
- Assist us in managing external providers. (e.g. recruitment agencies)
- Manage our HR records and Update the Hexagon employee database.
- Reply to an official request from a public or judicial authority with the necessary authorisation.
- Comply with any legal obligation imposed on Hexagon in relation to its recruitment practice.
It is our policy to retain your details for 12 months during which your candidacy will be assessed against other potential opportunities. Prior to the expiration of that 12 month period you will be notified of the impending deletion and you will be given a choice to remain on our database for a further 12 months. At any time during the recruitment process you can request your data to be deleted from our database. You are always able to apply to any position advertised by Hexagon once more.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilise data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.
Learn more about Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) at hexagon.com and follow us @HexagonAB.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases, we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”