Quality, United States
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
The Quality Engineer is an integral part of the organization’s quality improvement efforts. The Quality Engineer ensures safety, quality and productivity standards are maintained in accordance with established policies and procedures. The Quality Engineer works on continuous improvement activities and certification systems in conformance with ISO programs. The Quality Engineer performs Review of Components, Subassemblies and products to ensure conformance to Engineering and Quality requirements. The Quality Engineer works with management to determine root cause and corrective actions for any nonconformances in material or workmanship of our products.
- Identify, analyze and communicate defect trends to reduce nonconformances within the facility and among the supply chain
- Design, implement and conduct inspection processes to verify suppliers meet product specifications
- Lead Quality Engineering Projects to improve quality systems and procedures
- Lead audits, close out audit findings, create audit finding reports, and determine appropriate corrective and preventative actions
- Manages supplier performance by evaluating, analyzing and reporting on supplier trends
- Conduct routine meetings with purchasing and operations team to drive correction of open and trending internal and supplier issues
- Establish SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), Visual Quality Standards and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) to ensure consistent quality across operation
- Ensures that products and processes comply with the requirements of the quality system
- Conducts supplier audits to evaluate risks in the supply chain
- Develops CMM programs used to verify product conformance and Supplier capabilities
- Supports and participates in continuous improvement activities that positively affect safety, environment, quality, reliability, and productivity or improve the overall suitability and effectiveness of the management system, its processes and products
- Assists the Quality Manager in establishing, implementing, and maintaining the quality system
- Occasional travel to customers, vendors, shows or other Hexagon BU’s as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or Technical Sciences
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field of quality control
- Good understanding and experience working with teams using Root Cause Analysis / CAPA tools
- Strong background in ISO9001
- Preferred experience with Process mapping, FMEA and SPC to improve process performance
- Preferred experience using Six Sigma methodology
- Preferred experience in programming and operating a CMM
- Experienced in manual inspection, blueprint reading, and GD&T
- Strong data collection with basic statistic skills
- Strong people skills. Ability to resolve conflicts, provide support, leadership, and motivation
- General and project management and leadership experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Training Opportunities…and so much more!
At this time, we will consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. No relocation. Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
Information you submit as part of your application must be true, accurate, complete and not misleading. You understand that any false or misleading statements or omissions made by you during the application process, including your application and interviews, may be sufficient cause to justify the rejection of your application or, if you have already become an employee, the immediate termination of your employment, subject to due process.
When you provide us with information about any other third party as part of the recruitment process (e.g. referees) then, before providing us with such information, you must inform the relevant individuals that you will disclose their personal data to us and provide a copy of this notice to them.
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose of processing and managing your application. In particular we process candidates’ personal data to:
- Undertake recruitment activities, such as determining the suitability of a candidate’s qualifications.
- Assist us in managing external providers. (e.g. recruitment agencies)
- Manage our HR records and Update the Hexagon employee database.
- Reply to an official request from a public or judicial authority with the necessary authorisation.
- Comply with any legal obligation imposed on Hexagon in relation to its recruitment practice.
It is our policy to retain your details for 12 months during which your candidacy will be assessed against other potential opportunities. Prior to the expiration of that 12 month period you will be notified of the impending deletion and you will be given a choice to remain on our database for a further 12 months. At any time during the recruitment process you can request your data to be deleted from our database. You are always able to apply to any position advertised by Hexagon once more.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilise data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases, we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”