Cloud Operations Support Lead
Technical Service and Support,
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence (HMI) is looking for Cloud Operational Support Engineers to join the CSOC team in Pune, India. These engineers are part of a group whose mission is to provide 24/7 operational support of the pool of software’s software solutions hosted on the HMI’s Cloud portal and respond to all support requests and work with the customer, the infrastructure team, DevOps team, external data providers and internal development teams to drive issues to resolution.
This position is accountable for the development and implementation of processes to manage support operations, assist in technical standards development, assist in architecture development, leadership, and employee development. As a team lead, this role is responsible for the hands-on Technology services for operations and delivery of Cloud solutions. The role will collaborate with Engineering/Product Development, Architecture, Application Development, DevOps team, service providers, and various infrastructure and operations groups to create and support an operational environment for new and existing services supported by HMI’s Cloud Infrastructure/solutions/offerings.
Roles and Responsibilities for Cloud Operational Support Team Lead
• First line responsibility for the day-to-day support operations of our Cloud Services including software deployment and upgrades, system setup, system administration, monitoring, incident resolution, problem management, configuration and change management, service desk, capacity planning, availability management, disaster recovery and routine update of services.
• Ensures timely liaison with vendors and internal teams regarding problems, fixes, and required enhancements
• Help creates and maintains support strategies related to Cloud Infrastructure and Cloud Services throughout the enterprise ensuring all performance and cost curves are closely managed
• Oversees and directs the timely evaluation, qualification, and implementation of the support processes for new software products, tools, and related appliances as it pertains to the Cloud environment
• Expand and manage the monitoring tooling being used to provide a holistic monitoring solution for the Cloud Infrastructure and Services.
• Create and maintain operational runbooks for the Cloud offerings
• 7+ years or more of IT Service Management, data center, server, and storage management, virtualization, Citrix, networking, systems management, and/or project management are recommended,
• Standard Infrastructure Experience: Monitoring, DNS, DHCP, Linux & Windows Server, Backups, and Disaster Recovery
• Provide ongoing technical support and maintenance of production and development systems and software products (both remote and onsite) and for configured services running on various platforms (operating within a defined operating model and processes).
• Collaborate with Infra and DevOps team to diagnose and resolve issues as needed using documented Runbooks
• Enter, disposition and track trouble tickets against HMI applications, internal/external services, and third-party providers
• Create and maintain operational runbooks and documentation
• Onboarding of customers
Required Knowledge, skills, and qualities
• Graduate/Post-Graduate, with a 5-7 years’ work experience in the Cloud Operations support
• 7+ years or more of IT Service Management, data center, server, and storage management, virtualization, Citrix, networking, systems management, and/or project management are recommended
• Technical understanding of SaaS based hosting environments or a background within a 24x7 Cloud SOC (Service Operations Centre) or environment
• Technical understanding of Cloud environments, preferably with hands on experience of Microsoft Azure, DevOps and Solution Architect experience is plus
• Experience monitoring and maintaining Cloud infrastructures
• System Administration experience with complex systems running on Linux and Windows operating systems
• ITILv3/v4 Certification a plus
• Real-world exposure to incident management, problem management, change management, and a strong understanding of SLAs
• Strong crisis management skills - able to lead, direct others and remain calm in stressful situations
• Ability to assess and respond to monitoring tools and alerts
• Knowledge and experience in multi-platform technology environments
• Experience of Service Management ticketing tools (such as SFDC, JIRA, Service Now or equivalent) is added plus
• Flexibility to work in shifts and provide support 24X7
• Confident, self-assured, and proactive, with strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent communications skills - verbal, written and presentation
Information you submit as part of your application must be true, accurate, complete and not misleading. You understand that any false or misleading statements or omissions made by you during the application process, including your application and interviews, may be sufficient cause to justify the rejection of your application or, if you have already become an employee, the immediate termination of your employment, subject to due process.
When you provide us with information about any other third party as part of the recruitment process (e.g. referees) then, before providing us with such information, you must inform the relevant individuals that you will disclose their personal data to us and provide a copy of this notice to them.
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose of processing and managing your application. In particular we process candidates’ personal data to:
- Undertake recruitment activities, such as determining the suitability of a candidate’s qualifications.
- Assist us in managing external providers. (e.g. recruitment agencies)
- Manage our HR records and Update the Hexagon employee database.
- Reply to an official request from a public or judicial authority with the necessary authorisation.
- Comply with any legal obligation imposed on Hexagon in relation to its recruitment practice.
It is our policy to retain your details for 12 months during which your candidacy will be assessed against other potential opportunities. Prior to the expiration of that 12 month period you will be notified of the impending deletion and you will be given a choice to remain on our database for a further 12 months. At any time during the recruitment process you can request your data to be deleted from our database. You are always able to apply to any position advertised by Hexagon once more.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilise data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.
Learn more about Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) at hexagon.com and follow us @HexagonAB.