Senior Technical Specialist -Metal Forming
Product Management and Business Development,
Senior Technical Specialist – Metal Forming Manufacturing Solutions, India
About Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence :
Hexagon is a global leader working across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, agriculture, safety, and mobility solutions. Hexagon’s technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous - ensuring a scalable, sustainable future. Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence helps manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Globally, 95% of the automobiles, 90% of the aircrafts, 85% of the smartphones have Hexagon technologies in them.
Job Profile :
Provide technical ownership in a team that helps to accelerate the adoption of Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence (MI) products and improve customer productivity through effective technical solutions, sales and marketing engagements in the Design, Manufacturing and Quality Analytics space.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Drive Metal forming business for manufacturing technologies in India pacific and ANZ ,Generate business opportunities and drive them to fruition
• Be hands-on with the product usage and conduct successful demonstrations and benchmarks
• Build custom solutions based on metal Forming simulation and associated technologies, as necessary
• Work independently, in association with the Indian and Global Technical teams and with Sales personnel to provide product, business and technical knowledge in support of Techno-Commercial activities
• Responsible for understanding business and technical problems addressed by the products including industry practices, key regulations, business drivers, competitive analyses, evolving business needs, etc.
• Responsible for conducting meetings, trainings and tailoring communications to address business needs of existing and potential clients, across India
• Responsible for staying abreast of product roadmap as well as understanding the scenarios, features and functions within each of the products
• Liaison with Product Management, Sales organization and customers to provide feedback about features, gaps, competitive analysis and other related information
• Development of Industry specific and technical whitepapers
• Attendance at conferences and working with Subject Matter Experts, and research to stay on top of changes in business and technology
• Graduate or Postgraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or related from a reputed institution, with a specialization on Manufacturing Processes and Materials
• Strong understanding and experience in Simulation of Manufacturing processes (specifically Forging, Forming, Rolling, and Welding), using simulation softwares such as Simufact, FTI, Deform, PAM-STAMP, AutoForm, etc.
• Strong understanding metal forming and hands-on CAD/CAM/CAE softwares
• Good Understanding of Metallurgy Science
● 8-12 years of experience in the field of Simulation of Manufacturing Processes, as well as actual Manufacturing
● At least 6 years direct experience in simulation of Manufacturing Processes and associated Metallurgy
● Product customization and knowledge of coding is preferred
● Good knowledge of industry standards, processes and tools
● Demonstrated capability to develop simulation techniques and solutions on manufacturing processes
● Good knowledge of manufacturing techniques, quality control and process improvements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Desired:
• Strong technical aptitude, knowhow, and abilities
• Able to communicate technical and business information to widely varied audiences
• Good knowledge and understanding of the manufacturing processes, systems and applications
• Ability to understand and capture business requirements, processes, and customer problems
• Ability to comprehend and manage complex environments and business interactions
• Strong work ethic, proactive and problem-solving attitude along with conflict resolution skills
• Excellent interpersonal relationship building and team building skills
• Ability to motivate and influence team members and customers
• Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
• Readiness to travel up to 60% of the working days
• Willingness to travel and work at customer sites and adaptability to stretch workhours during crisis hours
Bengaluru or Pune
Information you submit as part of your application must be true, accurate, complete and not misleading. You understand that any false or misleading statements or omissions made by you during the application process, including your application and interviews, may be sufficient cause to justify the rejection of your application or, if you have already become an employee, the immediate termination of your employment, subject to due process.
When you provide us with information about any other third party as part of the recruitment process (e.g. referees) then, before providing us with such information, you must inform the relevant individuals that you will disclose their personal data to us and provide a copy of this notice to them.
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose of processing and managing your application. In particular we process candidates’ personal data to:
- Undertake recruitment activities, such as determining the suitability of a candidate’s qualifications.
- Assist us in managing external providers. (e.g. recruitment agencies)
- Manage our HR records and Update the Hexagon employee database.
- Reply to an official request from a public or judicial authority with the necessary authorisation.
- Comply with any legal obligation imposed on Hexagon in relation to its recruitment practice.
It is our policy to retain your details for 12 months during which your candidacy will be assessed against other potential opportunities. Prior to the expiration of that 12 month period you will be notified of the impending deletion and you will be given a choice to remain on our database for a further 12 months. At any time during the recruitment process you can request your data to be deleted from our database. You are always able to apply to any position advertised by Hexagon once more.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilise data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.
Learn more about Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) at hexagon.com and follow us @HexagonAB.