Principal Consultant – eMobility & Smart Manufacturing Solutions
Principal Consultant – eMobility & Smart Manufacturing Solutions, India
About Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence
Hexagon is a global leader working across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, agriculture, safety, and mobility solutions. Hexagon’s technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous - ensuring a scalable, sustainable future. Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence helps manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Globally, 95% of the automobiles, 90% of the aircrafts, 85% of the smartphones have Hexagon technologies in them.
Build Strategy and Solutions on eMobility & Smart Manufacturing for Hexagon customers and prospects in India, leveraging Hexagon’s suite of products and solutions. Lead and own all aspects of eMobility & Smart Manufacturing strategy development and positioning to support and fulfil customer business objectives. Act as an advisor to customers to address business transformation with responsibility of promoting, architecting solutions and supporting successful delivery.
Duties / Responsibilities
Build internal strategies and positioning material to address the needs of Hexagon’s existing and potential customers to help them adopt or transform their design and operations on eMobility & Smart Manufacturing
• Architect end-to-end solutions aligned with the customers’ requirements and strategic business objectives
• Develop and support deployment of solutions that integrate engineering, manufacturing and quality to address customer requirements based on Hexagon and other appropriate solutions
• Act as an advisor to customers to guide their eMobility design, Industry 4.0 / Digitization initiatives and evangelize solutions, digitization roadmap and best practices
• Assess and understand trends in automotive and manufacturing industries to identify potential opportunities to deploy such solutions
• Develop a good understanding of the Hexagon solution portfolio and develop new / innovative solutions for eMobility & Smart Manufacturing, leveraging Hexagon group competencies • Ensure strong customer relationship management, high quality of deliverables & solutions
• Engage with the global team to coordinate, learn and leverage the global strategies and solutions
• Keep up to date with IT / technology trends to ensure any new applicable technology, solution and use case is incorporated into solution development strategies
• Work closely and collaboratively with cross-functional teams like sales, business development, marketing, technical support as well as strategic partners / vendors to train them to support customer successes
• Build and sustain a collaborative working relation with counterparts in other regions, management stakeholders to encourage talent / idea / solution sharing
• Continuously enhance understanding of the competitive landscape of the target market; seize opportunities to adapt, change and respond with the business models
• Evaluate strategic business propositions, potential partnerships / alliances and make recommendations to management on strategies to implement new business activities; translate the recommendation(s) into action
• Mentor and guide team members
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronics engineering from a reputed institution
• MBA with a focus on Business Strategy would be a plus • Hands-on and operational understanding of design and manufacturing of electric vehicles and components
• Strong experience in implementing Industry 4.0, having worked on hardware-software integrations like shopfloor machine connectivity, IIoT, SCADA / PLC programming, MES, ERP and PLM
• 15+ years’ experience in the Automotive / eMobility industry, handling design and manufacturing, especially with Industry 4.0 / Digital technology enabled products, solutions, and services
• Must have a plant IT experience in implementing enterprise and execution solutions such as ERP, SCM, MES, SCADA, Quality Management, CAD and CAM
• Prior experience and success in solution architecting, strategy development, building technology roadmaps and execution for new business units in design and manufacturing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Desired
• Strong technical aptitude, knowhow and abilities
• Good knowledge and understanding of the manufacturing processes, systems and applications
• Ability to comprehend and manage complex environments and business interactions
• Good grip on the macro-economic scenarios and multi-cultural diversity • Long term vision, strategic mindset, and persistent engagement
• Strong work ethic, proactive and problem-solving attitude along with conflict resolution skills
• Excellent interpersonal relationship building and team building skills • Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
• Able to communicate technical and business information to widely varied audiences
• Ability to understand and capture business requirements, processes, and customer problems
• Ability to motivate and influence team members Location Bengaluru
Information you submit as part of your application must be true, accurate, complete and not misleading. You understand that any false or misleading statements or omissions made by you during the application process, including your application and interviews, may be sufficient cause to justify the rejection of your application or, if you have already become an employee, the immediate termination of your employment, subject to due process.
When you provide us with information about any other third party as part of the recruitment process (e.g. referees) then, before providing us with such information, you must inform the relevant individuals that you will disclose their personal data to us and provide a copy of this notice to them.
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose of processing and managing your application. In particular we process candidates’ personal data to:
- Undertake recruitment activities, such as determining the suitability of a candidate’s qualifications.
- Assist us in managing external providers. (e.g. recruitment agencies)
- Manage our HR records and Update the Hexagon employee database.
- Reply to an official request from a public or judicial authority with the necessary authorisation.
- Comply with any legal obligation imposed on Hexagon in relation to its recruitment practice.
It is our policy to retain your details for 12 months during which your candidacy will be assessed against other potential opportunities. Prior to the expiration of that 12 month period you will be notified of the impending deletion and you will be given a choice to remain on our database for a further 12 months. At any time during the recruitment process you can request your data to be deleted from our database. You are always able to apply to any position advertised by Hexagon once more.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilise data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.
Learn more about Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) at hexagon.com and follow us @HexagonAB.