Hexagon's Manufacturing Intelligence division is seeking a Platform Product Manager.
At Hexagon, we strive to help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. Our strength comes from our global footprint and enormous portfolio of advanced industrial sensors, measurement technologies, factory automation, simulation, and analytics tools.
The Platform Product Manager will define and execute the company’s strategy to build and deploy a cloud-based platform and marketplace for Smart Manufacturing. This key and highly visible role may be based anywhere in Europe or North America, preferably close to one of the major offices of Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, although consideration will be given to exceptional candidates in any location worldwide.
The successful candidate will have responsibilities to guide and prioritize platform capabilities based on market trends, customer needs, and meet the requirements of an evolving portfolio of smart manufacturing products and solutions. The Platform Product Manager will work with the platform technology team and other technology teams and product managers across the company to ensure timely and appropriately prioritized development of the platform. The Platform PM will also evangelize the adoption of the platform internally, with development partners, and with customers, and contribute to the overall success.
The ideal applicant will have a track record of successful engagement and experience with enterprise platform development, have significant product management leadership skills (with product strategy, product roadmaps, and product portfolios) and function as the ultimate champion for the platform. Candidates must be able to “get in the trenches” to work collaboratively with colleagues in a matrix environment to drive all aspects of this business and along with possessing strong interpersonal skills (team player).
- Prioritize and specify platform requirements in consultation with technology stewards and product management teams in various parts of the business, always keeping in mind customer and market needs
- Closely engage with customers to ensure that the user experience is top class and that all targeted users derive value from participation on the platform
- Analyze and understand the market for smart manufacturing solutions, especially cloud-based solutions, to help build business cases and to influence the company’s strategy to address the market via the platform
- Be a strong voice for innovation by championing new technology ideas, and proposing new business models and engagement methods for platform adoption and appropriate monetization
- Maintain clear documentation of discussions, requirements, and decisions made via Confluence/Jira or similar.
- Collaborate closely with program managers to ensure alignment with release trains and dependencies on the platform consistent with SAFe.
- Work with all relevant stakeholders in the company and help manage competing priorities and communicate a clear platform roadmap and strategy.
- Support product marketing in the various business units and other marketing communications efforts on launch, presentations, sales tools, and general sales support on all platform-related topics.
- A Master’s degree in engineering or a related discipline, preferably with strong software engineering experience
- A Master’s degree in business, marketing, or a related discipline is a plus
- A minimum of 10 years strategic software product management experience, with successes with enterprise platform development and delivery.
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing software product strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives.
- Experience in cloud-based software delivery (different business models) and along with a keen awareness of relevant market players and trends.
- Experience working closely with software engineering teams in a multicultural setting in a global organization and with customers globally.
- Ability to plan, manage, execute, and communicate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in a matrix environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable drive, determination, self-motivation, and action orientation needed to be successful in working with short deadlines.
- The maturity, judgment, and self-confidence to operate effectively with a high level of independence.
- The highest level of integrity and high ethical standards.
- Fluent in English.
- Willingness to travel internationally based on business needs.
- At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality.
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401k with employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
At this time, we will consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. No relocation. Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
Information you submit as part of your application must be true, accurate, complete and not misleading. You understand that any false or misleading statements or omissions made by you during the application process, including your application and interviews, may be sufficient cause to justify the rejection of your application or, if you have already become an employee, the immediate termination of your employment, subject to due process.
When you provide us with information about any other third party as part of the recruitment process (e.g. referees) then, before providing us with such information, you must inform the relevant individuals that you will disclose their personal data to us and provide a copy of this notice to them.
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose of processing and managing your application. In particular we process candidates’ personal data to:
- Undertake recruitment activities, such as determining the suitability of a candidate’s qualifications.
- Assist us in managing external providers. (e.g. recruitment agencies)
- Manage our HR records and Update the Hexagon employee database.
- Reply to an official request from a public or judicial authority with the necessary authorisation.
- Comply with any legal obligation imposed on Hexagon in relation to its recruitment practice.
It is our policy to retain your details for 12 months during which your candidacy will be assessed against other potential opportunities. Prior to the expiration of that 12 month period you will be notified of the impending deletion and you will be given a choice to remain on our database for a further 12 months. At any time during the recruitment process you can request your data to be deleted from our database. You are always able to apply to any position advertised by Hexagon once more.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division provides solutions that utilise data from design and engineering, production and metrology to make manufacturing smarter.
Learn more about Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) at hexagon.com and follow us @HexagonAB.
Note: in some countries we are legally obliged to keep your information for a longer period to comply with governmental reporting. In these cases, we will be unable to delete your full details from our records.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 1-800-766-46731-800-766-4673 FREE for assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”